Online and Continuing Education Scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid maintains a listing of scholarship offerings from sources outside of Linfield College.
Scholarships for New Students
Linfield College Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes the past progress and achievements of our incoming online degree seeking students who have completed previous college coursework. Awards are based on academic merit and financial need and do not require repayment.
In order to be eligible, students must have:
- Been officially admitted to Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education Program
- Demonstrated academic progress in their most recent college coursework
- Be enrolled in one of our online degree programs
- Be taking at least 6 credits per academic term (with the exception of winter term as no scholarships are awarded for this short, one-month term)
Note: students receiving other Linfield scholarships or tuition discounts will not be eligible for this scholarship.
New students can receive this scholarship for any full-semester start term (Fall, Spring, Summer) and maintain eligibility for up to 10 semesters while enrolled at Linfield College. All students admitted to a degree program will be considered based on their application for admission. No additional application is required.
Additional Scholarships Available for Continuing Students
Alumni and friends of Linfield College's Online and Continuing Education Program have generously donated funds to establish scholarships specifically for students in the program. Awards are based on academic merit and financial need and do not require repayment.
In order to be eligible, students must have:
- Completed a FAFSA
- Been officially admitted to Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education Program.
- Completed a minimum of 2 terms at Linfield.
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester credits in the program.
- A Linfield GPA of at least 3.0.
- Registered for class during the term in which the award is made.
If a student is already receiving financial aid, the award will be made in the context of the whole financial aid package. The overall award cannot surpass need, but most financial aid recipients have need that is not met by other forms of financial aid. Students may receive one of the scholarships only one time.
Online and Continuing Education Alumni Scholarship Fund
The fund was created in 1994 and continues to grow with gifts from OCE graduates. Proceeds are awarded annually to a student with demonstrated financial need. Recipients may receive the award only once and must meet the scholarship’s minimum GPA and enrollment criteria for eligibility. Available Fall and Spring Term.
The Robert J. and Vivian A. Bull Endowed Scholarship
Established in 2004 by Linfield’s former President, Dr. Vivian A. Bull, and her husband, Dr. Robert J. Bull, this scholarship was created to enhance the financial support available to students in the Online and Continuing Education Program and Linfield College. Partial or full scholarships may be awarded to students who are degree candidates in the Online and Continuing Education Program; have completed a minimum of 12 semester credits in the program; and have maintained a Linfield GPA of at least 3.00. Available Fall and Spring Term.
The Gormley Endowed Scholarship Fund
Established in 1998 by the Gormley family, this fund provides scholarship assistance to worthy and deserving students with financial need who are enrolled in the Online and Continuing Education Program. Available Fall and Spring Term.
The Arthur Lind Memorial Scholarship
An endowed scholarship established in memory of Arthur Lind, a lifelong learner, it is awarded annually to a minority student showing financial need. Recipients are to be earning a degree through the Online and Continuing Education Program, with preference given to seniors. Available Fall and Spring Term.
- August 13 for Fall Semester award
- January 14 for Spring Semester award
To apply for any of the scholarships, complete the online application form.
Paquet Scholarship for RN to BSN Students
The Collins Medical Trust established the Joseph F. Paquet Scholarship Fund to honor Dr. Paquet’s accomplishments in the field of medicine and his interest in nursing education. Recipients will receive up to $3,000 towards their RN to BSN tuition.
In order to be eligible, students must:
- Be seeking a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from Linfield’s online RN to BSN program
- Registered in at least 6 credits prior to application deadline
- Demonstrate financial need on Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
Note: Recipients of the Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust award are not eligible
For more details, including application requirements and deadline, go to the Paquet Scholarship page.