Online and Continuing Education OCE Financial Aid
2018-2019 Steps to Complete Your Financial Aid
Summer 2018 Term, Fall 2018 Semester, January Term 2019, and Spring 2019 Semester
The Office of Financial Aid strives to provide the best service to each student. You must complete the steps below before the Office of Financial Aid will provide you with your financial aid award.
- You must be admitted to the Online and Continuing Education Program and enrolled in an eligible program in order to be eligible for financial aid at Linfield College.
- File your 2018-2019 FAFSA®—Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Available beginning October 1, 2017) and list 003198 federal school code to have it sent to Linfield College.
- Complete your 2018-2019 OCE Linfield Application for Financial Aid (LAFA) on WebAdvisor with your CatNet ID (you must apply for Admission before obtaining your CatNet ID) under the Financial Aid tab click on “OCE Linfield Application for Financial Aid”
- Please note: If you have completed these first three steps, the Office of Financial Aid will begin communication with you via your Linfield email account regarding additional documentation that may be required to complete your financial aid file.
- New OCE students will receive a paper award packet in the mail that contains a “Guide to Financial Aid” and a ‘Keep’ paper copy of your financial aid award. You will be directed to WebAdvisor under the Financial Aid tab to view your “Financial Aid Award Letter” and then you will need to click on “Accept or reject my financial aid awards” to accept or reject the financial aid offered.
- Continuing OCE students will receive an email notifying you that your 2018-2019 financial aid is complete and ready to accept or reject on WebAdvisor. You will not receive a paper copy of your financial aid award. You will be directed to WebAdvisor under the Financial Aid tab to view your “Financial Aid Award Letter” and then you will need to click on “Accept or reject my financial aid awards” to accept or reject the financial aid offered.
- If you accept Federal Direct Stafford Loans the Office of Financial Aid will confirm that you are enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester, and have completed both of the following at www.studentloans.gov:
- Entrance Counseling
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Confirmation of Enrollment - Your financial aid will be disbursed to your student account after your enrollment has been confirmed at the census date, which is the last date to withdraw without a “W”. For Federal Direct Stafford Loans, students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits. Financial aid disbursement requires you to have regular and substantive interaction in each of your courses. Your instructor will confirm that you have been academically engaged and notify the Registrar's Office at the census date.
- Timing of your financial aid disbursement - Your accepted financial aid will be disbursed to your student account after the census date of each semester approximately 4-6 weeks into fall and spring semester, approximately 3-4 weeks for summer semester, provided you are eligible.
- Dropping courses
- Dropping below 6 credit hours may cause cancellation of your current loan disbursements, cancellation or reduction of your grants, cancellation of your in-school loan deferment status for previous loans and/or immediate repayment of previous loans, and may impact your Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Dropping all courses is considered withdrawing from Linfield, and the Office of Financial Aid is required to review the percentage of financial aid that you earned for your payment period, refer to the Return of Title IV Funds and Satisfactory Academic Progress Policies.
- If you financial aid creates a credit balance, your refund check will be mailed to you within 14 days, once your financial aid has been disbursed to your Student Account (see above section on Disbursements). You may check to see if funds have been posted to your Student Account on WebAdvisor under the Financial Profile tab by clicking on "Financial Statement." You can sign up for Direct Deposit through WebAdvisor, select "Student", and then select "AP Direct Deposit-Bank Information." For questions about your Student Account contact Linfield's Student Accounts Office at 503.883.2241 or email@example.com