Paquet Scholarship for RN to BSN Students
Now Accepting Applications for Spring 2020
The Collins Medical Trust established the Joseph F. Paquet Scholarship Fund to honor Dr. Paquet’s accomplishments in the field of medicine and his interest in nursing education. Recipients will receive up to $3,000 towards their Linfield RN to BSN degree.
- Seeking a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from Linfield’s online RN to BSN program
- Registered for at least 6 credits at Linfield University prior to the application deadline
- Demonstrate financial need on the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Linfield University (federal school code 003198) must be listed on your FAFSA for application to be reviewed
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
Recipients of the Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust award are not eligible. If you have questions about qualifications for financial need, please contact the Linfield Office of Financial Aid.
- Express interest in becoming a nurse leader
- Engaged in local community
- Demonstrate strong work ethic
- Exhibit excellent written communication skills
The scholarship is awarded each semester to selected candidates. To apply, complete the online application form.
Applications are due by midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST) for the following semesters:
- Spring 2021 - January 25
The Paquet Scholarship for RN to BSN students is renewable each academic year. Eligible recipients will receive information regard the renewal application via email. The renewal deadline for the 2020-21 academic year has already expired. Please contact Anna Harrington Chaudhary for additional information.
Short Answer Questions
Prepare for the following short answer questions (250 words or less each) on the application:
- Please describe your nursing goals and how earning your BSN will contribute to achieving your goals.
- What is one health issue or trend in your community? How will advancing your education help you serve your community?
- Describe a significant experience that occurred in a clinical or work setting. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself?