RN to BSN International Service Learning Program
Linfield College believes in supporting students in gaining a strong global perspective during their education. Part of the Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing's mission is to prepare nurses who are committed to the profession and responsive to the needs of the global community. The RN to BSN program provides an opportunity for a one to three week international service learning experience during the nursing course - Integrated Experiential Learning (NURS 476).
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete and submit the international service learning application documents found by scrolling to the bottom of this page. Once the Service Learning Coordinator receives your application, faculty reviews it and you will be notified if you have been accepted. At that time, you can proceed to make final plans for your international service learning experience. Please note that even though you have identified your first to third choice, you are not held to these choices if circumstances should change.
You have the opportunity to choose from several different programs and countries. We work with reputable organizations to assist us in planning these experiences. Please email the RN to BSN International Service Learning Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested or if you have questions.
- Health Bridges International
- Global Engagement Institute
- Project Helping Hands
- Cross-Cultural Solutions
- Cascade Medical Team
- International Volunteer Headquarters (IVHQ)
- International Service Learning
- Contact Diannah Fields-Brown
- email@example.com, 509.321.7560
- Open Arms International
- Before filling in the required documents, save them to your computer where you can easily find them.
- Once the document is saved to your computer, open it from where you saved it and fill in the required elements. Note that by typing your name as your signature, you are affirming that you are the person you claim to be and assert that you are providing your digital signature, as an original handwritten signature, for all legal purposes.
- Be sure to save the document
- Once all application requirements are completed, email all required documents to the RN to BSN Service Learning Coordinator, Dr. Henny Breen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RN to BSN faculty will review your application package and you will be notified of the decision usually within 72 hours. Although you identify your first and second choice in the application form, once accepted you may change the country and/or organization you plan to travel with based on unforeseen circumstances.
The application package consists of the following requirements:
- Consent for Release of Information
- Release Agreement and Assumption of Risk
The deadline depends on the organization you are traveling with and their ability to accommodate you. For example Project Helping Hands typically has a deadline of 3 to 4 months prior to deployment (depending on the country/program).
This is information about the online RN to BSN degree program for those already licensed and working as RNs.