Linfield-Good Samaritan Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Flexible online courses taught by certified online nursing instructors
- CCNE accredited program recognized nationally by employers and graduate nursing programs
- Multi-Generational classrooms with nurses from all backgrounds
- No transfer credit expiration policy & credit for prior learning awarded for your experience as a registered nurse
- RN to BSN courses offered every semester allowing you the flexibility to start at the time that’s right for you
You will complete a community-centered baccalaureate curriculum that emphasizes the development of the nurse's skills in professional communication, leadership, cultural sensitivity, and population health. Emphasis is placed on experiences that prepare the registered nurse (RN) for practice in a diverse global community and an ever-changing healthcare environment. Our curriculum is tailored to the needs of working RNs and taught by faculty who are certified, online instructors. In addition to online course work, RN to BSN students benefit from experiential learning in the community, including the opportunity to participate in international programs.
Who Should Enroll
The RN to BSN degree program is suitable for both new nurses and nurses who have been working for several years. Because online classes have a flexible timeline, busy nurses are often better able to balance work, family demands, and online course requirements than they would be if taking courses in a traditional classroom. With credentials from Linfield College, nurses can expect higher potential earnings, more job opportunities, greater job satisfaction, personal and professional growth, improved patient care and health outcomes, better critical thinking skills, enhanced leadership skills, and a better understanding of diversity and multiculturalism.
Linfield’s RN to BSN faculty are committed to the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine’s report, The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, and Advancing Health. We believe that any RN interested in creating a culture of health, participating in collaboration with other nurses, or advancing their nursing career should join our online RN to BSN program.
Employment Opportunities for Baccalaureate-Prepared Nurses
After completing the RN to BSN degree program, new career opportunities will open up as you ascend the ranks within the healthcare system. Here are just a few of specialized nursing fields you might pursue with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Linfield College:
- Nurse Training/Education
- Public and Community Health
- Leadership and Management in Nursing
- Hospice and Home Health
- RN Case Management
Long considered one of the leading online colleges in the state of Oregon, Linfield College is a fully accredited, highly regarded academic institution focused on excellence in higher education. The Linfield community understands the unique challenges facing working students, and the faculty members offer the personalized attention and support needed for success. You are paired with an academic advisor who assists during every stage of the academic journey. Tutoring services are also available online, and Linfield has exceptional research and library assistance. Linfield College Online and Continuing Education strives to expand access to higher education by maintaining affordable tuition prices and offering financial aid to help eligible students.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
I’d like to find out more. What are my next steps?
- Fill out the Request Information form to learn more.
- Schedule a conversation over the phone or in Portland with an admission counselor.
- Request an unofficial transcript evaluation (be sure to submit transcripts from all previously attended institutions.)
- Call 503-883-2213 or email email@example.com with any questions.
- Just apply now if you're ready to invest in your future