Online Business Information Systems Degree Requirements
- All courses in the Business Information Systems major are online.
- Students must complete the required Business, COMP and ECON courses listed below.
- 12 semester credits must be completed in Computer Science courses from Linfield (the remainder may be equivalent transfer credits or credit for prior learning). Computer Science requirements may not be met with transfer coursework more than eight years old.
- 9 semester credits in Business courses must be from Linfield (the remainder may be equivalent transfer credits or credit for prior learning).
- Financial Management must be an upper division course.
Computer Science required courses:
COMP 101 Fundamentals of Information Systems Technology
COMP 152 Programming and Object Structures
COMP 250 Database Program Development
COMP 302 Software Engineering I (MWI)
COMP 310 Networks and Web Application Development
COMP 382 Management Information Systems
COMP 400 Applied Software Development Project(MWI)
COMP 404 Operations Management
COMP 484 Operations Research
Economics and Business required courses:
ECON 210 Principles of Economics
BNAC 260 Financial Accounting
BNAC 261 Managerial Accounting
BNMG 310 Organizational Behavior and Management
BNMK 321 Marketing
BNFN 341 Financial Management
Departmental Policy on Prerequisites
The Department presumes that students will have taken the applicable prerequisite(s) when registering for courses. Prerequisites will be waived when the Department Chair deems that a student’s background or other extenuating circumstances render the applicable prerequisite(s) unnecessary. This approval must be obtained prior to registration for class.
Meeting Course Requirements by Transfer Credit
Appropriate transfer work will meet required coursework, but in some cases you may be asked to provide additional information. The transfer policy pertaining to the management core courses which is described in the section on the management major also applies to the BIS major.
Age Limit on Coursework
Please note that you may not meet computer science requirements with courses taken more than eight years prior to application.