Health Administration Certificate
Health Administration Certificate Overview
Ideal for those who want a deeper and current understanding of the basic and pervasive changes that are transforming health and reforming health systems in the US and globally. You will learn about how the Affordable Care Act is changing the focus, the financial incentives and the required core competencies and skills necessary to lead and make people and projects.
Employment Opportunities in Health Administration
- Medical and Health Service Manager
- Supply Chain Operations
- Medical Practice Manager
- Hospice Coordinator
Who Should Enroll
If you are in nursing, business, psychology, information sciences or other health sciences you can benefit from a broader and deeper understanding of how public health systems work.
Courses You Will Take
HSCI 250 - Introduction to Public and Community Health / 3 credits
HSCI 320 - Health and Social Policy / 3 credits
HSCI 410 - Health Information and Quality Improvement / 3 credits
HSCI 420 - Health Administration / 3 credits*
BNSS 250 - Contemporary Business / 4 credits (or business major, Business major requires higher level course)
*Prerequisites - HSCI 310, MATH 140
And 1 of the following:
PHIL 215 - Bioethics / 4 credits
ECON 210 - Principles of Economics / 4 credits
BNSS 340 - Business Law* / 4 credits
*Prerequisite met by business major
NURS 310 - Professional Communication in Healthcare* / 4 credits
*Prerequisite met by RN to BSN majors
For a list of courses offered this academic year view the Year Long Plan.
Why Linfield College?
- Academic Excellence
- Academic advising support and financial aid assistance
- Online academic tutoring services
- Superior research and library assistance
- Career planning assistance
Linfield College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Specialized accreditation has also been granted to the Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing, and the programs of education, music and athletic training.
I’d like to find out more. What is the next step?
Choose the next step that works best for you:
- Fill out the Request Information form to receive additional information
- Make an appointment (meet over the phone or in person)- or call 503-883-2213 - to speak with an admission counselor for this program
- Ready to invest in your future and get started? Complete an application today!