By now, you’re probably aware of the role that computer technology plays in modern business. Likewise, you might know that the field is continually expanding, which makes it an excellent time to dive into your own business information systems studies at Linfield College. But before taking the plunge, let’s go over the forecast for the field’s growth.
A Bright Future
Based on data compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), the information systems field is booming – and it’s only expected to grow. Job opportunities for computer and information systems managers, for example, are expected to grow by 12% – categorized as faster than average – between 2016 and 2026. Per the OOH, this position carries with it an appealing median salary of $135,800. Similarly, computer systems analyst and network systems administrator positions should increase during the same period – though not quite as quickly.
What sets Linfield College’s online business information systems program apart from other tech-based programs is its fusion of computer science with essential business courses. This highly desirable blend of topics – which features a collection of courses ranging from Database Program Development to Financial Management – will provide you with a thorough understanding of IT systems, as well as the ability to apply that knowledge to solve common business problems. Plus, pursuing your education online offers a host of unique advantages, including:
- An all-online education that requires no campus visits
- A flexible schedule that won’t interfere with your current professional life
- Top-tier professors that specialize in online education
- Career planning assistance and helpful academic guidance
Apply To Linfield College Today
Eager to reignite your educational pursuits? Request more information about our business information systems program, or apply online to begin your journey with Linfield College.
It’s no secret that the importance of a well-constructed website is growing – seemingly by the day. Fortunately, the industry shows no signs of slowing down, so there’s no better time than now to pursue an online Web Application Development Certificate from Linfield College’s Online and Continuing Education Program.
Why Pursue Web Development?
- It’s growing. If you’re considering a career in web development, you’re in luck. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) Occupational Outlook Handbook, the field can expect an occupational growth rate of 27% between 2014 and 2024, which far surpasses the overall average rate of 7%. This rapid growth will ultimately result in the creation of nearly 40,000 new jobs, based on a BLS estimate.
- It’s stable. Maintaining a website is not unlike owning a home – while the product might seem finished, it can always be updated, and it will usually need maintenance. When a business invests in web development, it’s often much more than a one-time engagement.
- You’ll always find a new challenge. When you’re tasked with developing a new web application, you may tread some familiar territory. But, typically, you’ll be faced with new, business-specific requirements, too. Each project will present its own unique set of challenges, so you can constantly expand and refine your skill set.
Why Choose Linfield?
The Linfield College Web Application Development Certificate program not only discusses the basic concepts required in the career, but pushes students to demonstrate the skills they acquire. Students who enroll in the program will learn the fundamental technologies, formats, standards and tools utilized in the web development industry. Five courses are required to complete the curriculum, including Programming and Object Structures, Database Program Development and more. In order to achieve the Certificate, however, students must prove that they can put their knowledge into action using Visual Studio, XML and other essential development tools.
Are you seeking a challenging, yet rewarding, career loaded with opportunities for growth? Enroll in Linfield College’s all-online Web Development Certificate program today to get started.
Strike a Pose: Relax With These Yoga Styles
While yoga was originally devised as a method of spiritual refinement, the discipline has since become popular around the world for its many health benefits. Combining breathing exercises, physical postures and meditation, yoga promotes both emotional and physical wellness. Continue reading to learn how incorporating yoga exercises into your daily routine can help you relieve stress.
Unwinding With Yoga
Yoga is divided into several different disciplines, and each one accomplishes unique goals, from burning calories to encouraging a sense of balance. Here, we’ll list some of the gentler styles ideal for relieving stress:
- Hatha yoga: This term generally refers to any style of yoga that involves a physical element. Oftentimes, Hatha introduces basic yoga postures, including the mountain, tree and warrior poses, which help you relax without requiring too much physical exertion.
- Restorative yoga: An excellent choice for the exhausted student, restorative yoga uses blocks and other items as props to position the body in yoga poses with no need to exert physical effort. The idea is to rejuvenate the body without having to dig into energy reserves.
- Kripalu yoga: Kripalu is one of the gentlest styles of commonly practiced yoga, making it a go-to choice for those who wish to strike a pose, but may be new to yoga. Aside from promoting harmony between your mind, body and spirit, Kripalu yoga offers a feeling of self-empowerment, which is sure to come in handy when you’re faced with a hefty stack of homework.
If you’re unable to perform the physical component of yoga, consider basic meditation. While in a quiet setting devoid of any distractions, sit in a comfortable position and breathe naturally with your eyes closed. Clear your mind of thoughts and emotions, and instead, focus your attention on your breath.
Get To Work
A brief yoga session can make a world of difference, so be sure to try one of the above styles if you’re feeling strained. Would you like to take your interest in yoga a little further? Consider pursuing the Yoga Instructor Certificate from Linfield College’s Online and Continuing Education program.