Following executive order No. 20-12 and effective Wednesday, March 25, to the maximum extent possible, all staff who can telework and work at home should do so.
- Those staff members whose presence on campus is mission-critical will be identified and notified by their supervisors.
- If you are notified to work on campus, Linfield will enforce social distancing policies consistent with guidance from the Oregon Health Authority.
- Campus Public Safety will establish, implement and enforce social distancing policies.
- Some buildings will be closed; swipe-card access will be limited.
- We have received numerous requests from faculty and staff to retain access to buildings. In order to support the seamless delivery of classes, we will allow swipe card access to our buildings. We will require each employee to sign in and out, so we can disinfect and clean as needed.
Recommendation for homemade masks when around people on campus: In accordance with current CDC recommendations, Linfield is recommending that our faculty, staff and students wear a homemade or non-medical grade mask any time that you are likely to interact with other people on campus. This does not include while alone in your office or while outside (unless the outside activity requires being in close proximity to other people). There are options for making these masks on the CDC website or on other websites.
We understand this is a time of increased uncertainty, grief, and loss for students and families, staff and faculty. Our Student Health, Wellness and Counseling Center recommends these resources for supporting mental health.
View updates from Facilities & Auxillary Services.