- Linfield College
Consumer Information

Options beyond Linfield for complaints, grievances, and problem resolution

In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with accrediting agencies and with the appropriate state agencies for handling complaints.  Students enrolled in distance education courses have the same rights and responsibilities as those enrolled in on-campus courses.

If you are unable to resolve any issues with Linfield University by following standard college processes, you may refer to the list below for additional resolution in your state.  Many agencies responsible for handling complaints advise that you exhaust opportunities for resolution within Linfield prior to filing a complaint with a state. Additional information on state authorization is available on the Linfield Online and Continuing Education website.

 Alaska  Arizona  California
 Colorado  Connecticut  Delaware
 Florida  Georgia  Hawaii
 Idaho  Illinois  Indiana
 Kansas  Kentucky  Louisiana
 Maine  Maryland  Michigan
 Mississippi  Missouri  Montana
 Nebraska Nevada  New Hampshire
 New Jersey  New York  North Dakota
 Ohio  Oklahoma  Pennsylvania
 Rhode Island  South Carolina  South Dakota
 Texas  Utah  Vermont
 Virginia  West Virginia  Wyoming

Return to Consumer Information page