Linfield College Public Safety Department
The mission of Linfield College Public Safety is to foster a safe and secure environment that supports an exceptional experience. CPS will establish partnerships with our campus communities based on mutual respect, cooperation, and a commitment to safety. We will do so with the following values:
- Professionalism - We will develop our skills, knowledge, and training to best serve the community as public safety professionals.
- Integrity - We will conduct ourselves in a manner that is fair, ethical, and legal. CPS will exhibit the duty and honor for the position entrusted to us, gaining and keeping the community's trust and confidence.
- Communication - We will always listen to the needs and the concerns of our community and follow through to make sure those needs and concerns are addressed.
- Service - We will always recognize the significance of serving the public. As such, we are committed to providing excellent service. CPS will employ processes, policies, and procedures that best serve students, faculty, staff and the public.
Linfield CPS & Law Enforcement
As authorized by the President and the Board of Trustees, CPS Officers assist in preserving public peace and order, protect faculty, staff, students, visitors and property from crime and safety hazards. All CPS Officers are licensed and certified by the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) and may issue warnings or initiate arrests as defined in the Oregon Revised Statues. CPS Officers have the authority to enforce all degrees of criminal trespassing on Linfield's property.
Linfield CPS maintains close working relationships with several area law enforcement agencies, especially with the McMinnville Police Department and the Portland Police Bureau. Our departments work together on projects of mutual interest. Any incident requiring assistance is responded to rapidly by these agencies. These departments are called in for any arrest relating to violations of city or state laws.
- For Linfield College Public Safety (McMinnville Campus), please call 503-883-7233.
- For Linfield College Public Safety (Portland Campus) please call 503-413-7210.
- The McMinnville Police Department is located at 121 SW Adams Street or call (503) 434-7307.
- The Portland Police Bureau is located at 1111 SW 2nd Avenue or call (503) 823-3333.