Each year the Chemistry Department grants the following awards and scholarships to the appropriate students:
- Competitive scholarships - This is awarded to up to three freshman who participate in our competitive scholarship day exam.
- S and E. Z. Taylor scholarships - Established by Elsie Z. Taylor in memory of her husband, Dr. Donald S. Taylor (Class of 1935), this is awarded to multiple deserving junior and senior chemistry and biochemistry/molecular biology majors.
- Lois Gunning Fry Memorial Award - Established by Mr. Arthur Fry in memory of his wife Lois Marie Gunning Fry (Class of 1941), this scholarship is awarded to an outstanding sophomore or junior chemistry major who intends to make chemistry her or his professional career and has demonstrated high quality research and scholarship in chemistry or biochemistry.
- The Albert W. Stout Scholarship - Established by Zelda M. Stout in Memory of her husband, Albert W. Stout, this scholarship is awarded to an outstanding chemistry major during his/her senior year.
- American Chemical Society Awards
- Undergraduate Award in Organic Chemistry – Intended to encourage interest in the field of organic chemistry, this award recognizes a student with a significant aptitude for the topic.
- Undergraduate Award in Analytical Chemistry – Intended to encourage interest in the field of analytical chemistry, this award recognizes a student with a significant aptitude for the topic.
- CRC Press Chemistry Achievement Award – With support from Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, this is awarded to one or more freshman who have demonstrated outstanding success and promise in chemistry during his/her first year.