Life After Linfield
Chemistry department graduates have an impressive record of successfully entering graduate programs, medical schools, pharmacy schools, and obtaining industrial positions. Since 2005, 86% of our majors have been admitted to a graduate program (in chemistry or a health related field).
Students who completed majors in a second department are noted; graduates who have completed the requirements for American Chemical Society certification are notated with (*).
Check out the American Chemical Socieity's website - College To Career - for more ideas!
Class of 2018
- Zane Bradshaw*
- Jamie Talbo
Class of 2017
- Madison (Gladding) Monahan - Chemistry Graduate Student, Ph.D. program, University of Washington, Seattle WA
- Sadie Grasle (chemistry/secondary education double major) - Field Instructor, Northwest Regional Education Service District, Portland OR
- Alex Keyes - Pharmacology Graduate Student, Ph.D. program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- David Mason* - Chemistry Graduate Student, Ph.D. program, University of Arizona, Tucson AZ
- Chris Munjar - US Teaching Assistantship at Austrian Secondary Schools Program
- John Remeto
- Allison Smith* -Chemistry Graduate Student, Ph.D. program, University of Arizona, Tucson AZ
- Shelby Vanaken - Graduate Student, Masters in Education, Portland State University, Portland, OR
Class of 2016
- Tanner Corrado* - Chemical Engineering Graduate Student, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN
- Brenna (Stinson) Gomez -Veterinary School, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Joseph Perryman* - Chemistry Graduate Student, Ph.D. program, University of California, Davis, Davis CA
Class of 2015
- Evan Carlson - Precision Analytical, McMinnville OR
- Caitlin Conlon
- Malley Nason - Research Associate, Indi Molecular, Culver City, CA
- Kevin Romero* - Ph.D. Candidate, Organic Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
Class of 2014
- Kathryn Corp - Ph.D. Candidate, Physical Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle WA
- Jason Hight - McMinnville Water and Light
- Sara Patty - R&D Chemical Technician, 3D Systems, Wilsonville OR
- Yura Sim
- Stephanie Stovall - Medical School, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland OR
Class of 2013
- Andrew Carpenter - Ph. D. Candidate, Physical Chemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene OR
- Amy Cunningham - University of Nevado, Reno (Ph.D. program - Physical Chemistry), Reno NV
- Daniel Urness - Medical School, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland OR
Class of 2012
- Joseph Mullen - HACCP Supervisor, Tyson Foods
- Joell Reyes - Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, Seattle University, Seattle WA
Class of 2011
- Yuhong Cao - Chemistry Graduate Student, Ph.D. program, Stanford University, Stanford CA
- Dr. Halee Hyatt -Associate Dentist, Bellingham, WA. University of Washington D.D.S. 2015, Seattle, WA
- Christopher Jenness - (che/bio double major) - Biochemistry Graduate Student, Ph.D. Program, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
Class of 2010
- Dr. Diane Morgan - (Pharm. D. - University of Southern California, 2015) Clinical Pharmacist, San Diego, CA.
- Veronica Siller - (Chemistry/Mathematics double major) Laboratory Coordinator, Linfield College, McMinnville OR
- Dr. Dylan Sorber - (D.M.D. - Oregon Health & Science University , 2014)
- Katie Sours - (M.P.H. - Boston University, 2013) S.N.A.C.K. Coordinator, Physicians Medical Center, McMinnville, OR.
- Victoria Treadaway - (M.S. (Oceanography), University of Rhode Island , 2010) - Ph. D. Candidate, Chemical Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
Class of 2009
- Daniel Creasy - (B.S. (Electrical Engineering) - University of Alaska, Fairbanks, 2017)
- Dr. Jeneva Foster - (Ph.D. (Biochemistry) - University of Oregon, 2015) - Instructor, Biochemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis OR.
- Dr. Evan Hiles - (D.P.T. - Pacific University 2013) - Physical Therapist, Hillsboro OR.
- Dr. Rachel Kaneta - (D.O. - University of California, Berkeley, 2015) - Optometrist, United States Air Force.
- Dr. Janine Lee - (PharmD. - Oregon State University, 2014) - Clinical Pharmacist.
- Dr. Jessica Petrovich - (M.D. - Oregon Health and Sciences University, 2017) - Family Medicine Resident, University of Utah.
Class of 2008
- Dr. Caitlin Deane (che/bio double major) - (Ph.D. (Biochemistry), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016) - Associate Editor, Nature Chemical Biology
- Dr. Kevin Caple - (Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering), Oregon State University, 2014) - Senior Process Development Engineer, Albermarle Corp., Baton Rouge LA.
- Dr. Veronica Janhunen - (M.D. - University of Nevada, Reno, 2012) - Pediatrician, Northeastern Nevada Medical Group, Elko, NV
- Dr. Kelly Peng - (D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy) Western University of Health Sciences, 2012 - ) - Navel Medical Center, San Diego CA.
- Dr. Jeremy Whitney - (Doctor of Optometry, State University of New York, 2014) - Optometric Physician.
- Marcia Willard - (M.F.A., University of Cincinnati, 2012) - Retail Manager, Westport Winery, Aberdeen WA.
Class of 2007
- Dr. Ehow Chen - (Ph.D. (Physical Chemistry), Northwestern University 2012) - VP (Customer Insights), Ambition Data LLC, Portland OR.
- Dr. Lee Chiat Ch'ng - (Ph.D. (Physical Chemistry), University of Southern California, 2013) - Intellectual Property Engineer, Singapore.
- Randi (Duchemin) Marx - (M.S. (Molecular Biology), University of Oregon, 2011) - Senior Scientist, Product Development, Lonza Group, Bend OR.
- Cathy Pham - Research Assistant, Nunhems, Sacramento CA
- Fan Shi - (chemistry/mathematics double major) - (M.S. (Statistics), University of Chicago 2010, Chicago IL) - Strategic Analytics Director FCB Global, Chicago IL.
- Dr. Chinmayee Subban (che/bio double major) - (Ph.D. (Chemistry and Chemical Biology), Cornell University, 2011) - Energy/Environmental Policy Research Scientist/Engineer - Lawerence Berkeley National Lab
Class of 2006
- Dr. Hannah (Arntz) Hatley - (Doctor of Pharmacy, Pacific University, 2009) - Pharmacist, Burns OR.
- Molly (Corbari) Lundy
- Theresa Crecelius - University of Washington (BS, Medical Technology)
- Mujib Kamawal - Project Manager / Professional Engineer
- Dr. Melissa Galloway - (Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2011) - Assistant Professor, Analytical Chemistry, Lafayette College, Easton PA.
Class of 2005
- Verina Kranak -Studio Manager, TheaterLab, New York, NY. Masters of Science, Materials Science, Arizona State University M.S. 2012, Tempe AZ
- Dr. Robert Osten - Pacific University (Pharm. D., 2011).
- Dr. Becky (Price) Colman (chem/biol double major) - (Ph.D. (Biology/Biological Sciences), Northern Arizona University, 2010) - Postdoctoral Researcher, Universtiy of California, San Diego,
- Dr. Hilary Stricker - M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin 2009, Milwaukee WI