Linfield College advances a vision of learning, life, and community that
- promotes intellectual challenge and creativity,
- values both theoretical and practical knowledge,
- engages thoughtful dialogue in a climate of mutual respect,
- honors the rich texture of diverse cultures and varied ways of understanding,
- piques curiosity for a lifetime of inquiry, and
- inspires the courage to live by moral and spiritual principle and to defend freedom of conscience.
Linfield: Connecting Learning, Life, and Community
Organization and Governance
Linfield College is a four-year, non-profit, coeducational, liberal arts institution historically and currently affiliated with the American Baptist Churches. All college operations are governed by administration and faculty, with ultimate responsibility resting with the Board of Trustees. The college is committed to the teaching of undergraduates in an atmosphere of academic freedom that offers intellectual rigor, creativity, and a sense of personal and social responsibility.