Special Internship Programs
Some internships are paid, some are not. We help students complete internships!
Linfield has programs to support students through grants, scholarships, and specialized programs, providing thousands of dollars in direct financial support for students. Career Development meets with interns as a cohort four times throughout their internship experience to increase the connection between professionalism and academic coursework and allow the student to reflect more deeply on their internship.
Funding supports the following programs:
- McMinnville Community Engagement Internship, sponsored by First Federal: Local bank provides stipends to students completing project-based internships with selected non-profits within Yamhill County.
- Debbie Olsen Public Service Internship Endowed Scholarship: Supports a student with a scholarship for completing a summer internship with a government or non-profit organization domestically or abroad.
- Career Development Impact Internship Scholarship: Career Development encourages students to seek and complete impactful internships through a match with the Rose E Tucker Foundation. Grants are also available to cover living and travel expenses to help make this a reality.
- Presidential Impact Internship Program: Four-year program to guide in-depth career exploration throughout Linfield education. Financially supports a non-profit internship prior to junior year and a for-profit internship prior to senior year. Funding through Glenn L & Helen Jackson Foundation. First-year students apply in February.
- Fund for American Studies: Supports a Linfield student with a scholarship for completing a Washington D.C. summer internship and classes at George Mason University as part of the Live. Learn. Intern. program. Apply directly to the program in the fall for the following summer.
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION HERE if you have secured an internship and would like to apply for funding. The application deadline is May of each year.
Those who are still in the process of finding an opportunity are encouraged to meet with our Career Development staff to assist in finding a position that will be beneficial for them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.