For Faculty and Staff
The Office for Career Development would like to partner with you to provide Linfield students with relevant, proactive, and meaningful career planning resources. We welcome collaborations in and outside the classroom. Please let us know how we can be helpful to you in serving your students’ needs.
Please contact Michael J. Hampton (x2442), Director of Career Development, for more information.
To post an on-campus work-study/campus employment position, please download this PDF for detailed instructions on how to post as an employer on Cat Connect.
If you would like to view postings as students do, please register for a student account (this is a separate account from an employer account).
Refer a Student
We welcome your referrals for students seeking Career Development resources. We specialize in guiding students through the decision-making process of selecting a major, career, or graduate school program
- Career counseling/coaching
- Job search support
- Internship resources
- Résumé review
- Networking assistance
- Advice on choosing a major
- Graduate school resources
- Mock interviews
- Salary negotiation tips
- Self marketing consultation
Invite us into your classroom to provide career development related content to meet the needs of your students. Pick from our extensive menu of existing programming or suggest a new topic for your class.
- Marketing/branding yourself for the workforce
- Effective interviewing skills & practice (mock) interviews
- Guest evaluators for student presentations
- Hidden market job search techniques
- Value of a Liberal Arts Degree
- Informational Interviewing
- Résumé/Cover Letter Writing
- Salary negotiation
- Internship discovery
- Choosing/confirming a major
Academic Department and Career Development Collaboration
We are open to working with you to create specialized programming for the students in your departments. Specific opportunities tailored to meet your learning objectives might include:
- Employer/Industry Tours
- Guest Speakers
- Career/Internship Fairs
- Expert panels
- Alumni programming
- Class visits
- Networking events on or off campus