Studying Business at Linfield
Do you want to own your own business? Are you passionate about contributing your talents to a particular organization or industry? Are you planning to take over the family business? Do you want to live and work in another country? Do you gain satisfaction from leading others?
These are just some of the goals that led previous students to the study of business at Linfield College. Now they’ve graduated and are achieving their goals.
What are your goals for a career in business? Explore the possibilities!
We offer six business majors at Linfield: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and our interdisciplinary majors in International Business and Sport Management. All majors are offered as either a B.A. or B.S. Our six majors offer specialized courses preceded by a common set of business core courses and prerequisites.
Business is America’s most popular college major. So what is the Linfield difference? At Linfield you’ll experience:
- A rigorous business curriculum with breadth across the business core, depth in each major, and cutting edge coursework (such as newly developed courses in social entrepreneurship, finance topics, and team dynamics)
- Business professors who put teaching first and who possess deep knowledge in their disciplines as well as work experience in the business world
- Opportunities to gain hands-on experience through internships, class projects, and research with professors
- A carefully designed general education core (the Linfield Curriculum), that will help you develop skills that are critical for business professionals: analyzing problems from different viewpoints, critical thinking, and working with people from other backgrounds and perspectives
- Invaluable opportunities to study abroad while pursuing your degree
- Small class sizes that allow personalized attention
- Opportunities and encouragement for interdisciplinary study
Examine the Business Department at Linfield. Discover what committed professors who know you by name can do to help you realize your potential. Come visit us! Our offices are on the main level of T.J. Day Hall.