Blackboard Help for Students
BlackBoard (BBLearn) is Linfield's learning management system. It is a tool for faculty to communicate, collaborate, and share information with students.
For Blackboard, your instructor is the first person to contact for help.
For online help, contact Linfield Blackboard Support.
You can also try BlackBoard's student on-demand help site or enroll in a demo course for students:
- Log in to Blackboard with your CatNet credentials.
- Select the Courses Tab just under the Linfield logo.
- Click on the "Browse Course Catalog" button in the left column. Type "success" in the text box, then click on the "Go" button.
- Click on the action link (chevron icon) to the right of the BBDEMO for the current semester.
- Select "Enroll", then select "Submit" and you are registered for the class.
Hide Classes from Main Page
- Hover over My Courses on "My Linfield Blackboard Page"
- Click on the gear button that appears in the top right corner
- Edit which attributes you want to show for each course
- Under Select Availability, select Yes
- Click Submit and you're done
There are 3 ways to access your My Grades page: (video)
- My Linfield Blackboard Page
1. Go to your My Linfield Blackboard Page
2. Click on My Grades in the Tools menu
- Your name
1. Click on your name in the top right corner
2. Click on
- Your course
1. Click on My Grades in the left menu
2. OR if it isn't there, click on Tools in the left menu
3. Click on My Grades
Seeing Comments on Assignments
There are 2 ways to see comments on your assignments:
- My Grades
1. Go to My Grades (see above)
2. Find the assignment you want
Note: if your assignment hasn't been graded, there will be an ! next to it
3. Click on the assignment grade, and you will see any instructor feedback.
1. Go to the assignment you want to see
2. Click on the assignment
3. You will see any instructor feedback