Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements for McMinnville Students
Requirements by Catalog Year:
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
Fall 2017 - Spring 2018
- For students who are progressing towards completion of academic requirements, admission decisions are contingent upon successful completion of all requirements prior to the program start.
- Linfield students currently enrolled on the McMinnville campus will be admitted to the nursing major pending space availability if they are in good standing at the college and meet all nursing application criteria. There are a maximum 72 seats available each fall and spring semester. Admission will be competitive, based on college academic record and supporting application materials if there are more applicants than spaces available. Others will be placed on a waitlist. Students who are not admitted for the desired semester will be given priority for admission the following semester.
- McMinnville Campus students are required to submit a Linfield College Intercampus Nursing Application by the nursing application deadline.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester credits of nursing prerequisites (including a minimum 8 semester credits of lab science courses) is required at time of application.
- Students who have been denied admission to the School of Nursing from the general application pool are not eligible to gain entry to the Nursing major by establishing resident student status through enrollment at the McMinnville Campus. Such a student may only reapply for admission to the Nursing major through the general application pool.