Linfield College offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at our Portland campus. Students attending the McMinnville campus can apply to transfer to the Portland campus after completing approximately 2 - 2 1/2 years of prerequisite coursework.
If you have questions contact the Pre-Nursing Coordinator:
Dalton Higginbottom: email@example.com,503-883-2393
BSN Prerequisite Courses: For admission consideration, applicants must have completed all prerequisite course requirements by transcript submission deadline.
McMinnville students who started in Fall 2011- Spring 2012
McMinnville students who started in Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
McMinnville students who started in Fall 2013 - Spring 2014
Eligibility Requirements, for students starting Fall 2013 and after:
- Completion of all prerequisite course requirements by the date posted on the application calendar.
- At the time of application and the date posted on the application calendar, a minimum grade of C in each of the prerequisite course requirements (a grade of C- is not acceptable).
- At the time of application and the date posted on the application calendar, a minimum 3.00 GPA for all transferable prerequisite course requirements (Linfield curriculum, paracurricular and elective courses excluded).
- Residency status: Students must complete at least 30 credits of course work at Linfield to be considered a resident Linfield student.
- Degree progress: Students must complete 62 transferrable credits before starting in the Nursing program on the Portland campus.
- Leave of Absence: Leave of absences will not be permitted for the sole purpose of completing nursing prerequisite classes at another institution except in special circumstances and approved by petition.
- All Linfield students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above to graduate.
- For students who are progressing towards completion of academic requirements, admission decisions are contigent upon successful completion of all requirements prior to the program start.
- Linfield students currently enrolled on the McMinnville campus will be admitted to the nursing major pending space availability if they are in good standing at the college and meet all nursing application criteria. Admission will be competitive, based on college academic record and supporting applicaion materials if there are more applicants than spaces available.
- McMinnville Campus students are required to submit a Linfield College Intercampus Nursing Application by the nursing application deadline.
- Students who have been denied admission to the School of Nursing from the general application pool are not eligible to gain entry to the Nursing major by establishing resident student status through enrollment at the McMinnville Campus. Such a studnet may only reapply for admission to the Nursing major through the general application pool.
All McMinnville students interested in Pre-Nursing will declare Pre-Nursing as their area of study while on the McMinnville campus. Pre-Nursing students will remain with their originally assigned faculty advisor until they transfer to the Portland campus. In addition, all Pre-Nursing students are required to meet with the Pre-Nursing Coordinator prior to registration each semester.
Registration forFall 2014 classes: Aprol 14-17, 2014.
Linfield Students Applying for Transfer to the Portland Campus Nursing Program:
|| Fall 2016
|Applications become available
|Applications due to the Academic Advising office (Walker 124) by 5pm
|Transcripts for all prerequisite work are due to the Portland Campus
|| July 10
Staying On Track
Transferable course work: Check the following TRANSFER COURSE GUIDE to see if courses taken outside of Linfield will count towards your nursing prerequisites.
Know your prerequisite GPA: Nursing prerequisite GPA calculator.
- This calculator will provide your Pre-Nursing GPA (Anthropology and Sociology are only for students who started at Linfield in 2011 or earlier)
Meet with your faculty advisor at least once a semester.
Attend a Pre-Nursing advising session each semester.
Non-Linfield Students interested in Linfield Nursing Program
Students who already hold bachelor's degree and/or have completed the bulk of the prerequisite course requirements necessary for application to the Nursing program should contact the Enrollment Services office at the Portland Campus for information.
Check out the Nursing Program for more information.