What do Peer Advisors do?
- Peer Advisors form a team of Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Linfield students who are active members of the Linfield community.
- Peer Advisors’ primary responsibilities are divided into the following categories:
Advise and Mentor
- Proactively contact new students and welcome them to Linfield.
- Answer students’ questions about Linfield.
- Assist students with online course registration during the summer.
- Teach new students to utilize academic planning resources such as the catalog.
- Support new students’ academic adjustment to Linfield.
- Encourage students to develop effective study strategies.
- Meet individually with each student in your Colloquium section at specified times throughout the year.
Teach and Facilitate
- Prepare for classes in advance by reviewing the Curriculum Guide and supplementary materials.
- Make adjustments to Curriculum Guide to reflect your teaching style.
- Record students completed assignments and grades.
- Provide thoughtful feedback on students’ assignments.
- Track students’ class attendance.
Collaborate with a co-instructor
- Meet weekly with Faculty Advisor or Linfield Mentor.
- Communicate frequently with co-instructor about any student issues or class concerns.
- Facilitate new students’ connection with co-instructor.
- Plan how to co-facilitate content for all Colloquium classes with a co-instructor.
Serve as a Member of the Peer Advising Team
- Actively engage in all PA trainings and meetings.
- Provide ideas, feedback and suggestions about Colloquium.
- Build relationships with fellow PAs.
- Utilize fellow PAs as resources.
- Contribute to the Colloquium program by providing feedback and suggestions for the Curriculum Guide in weekly PA meetings.
Questions? Contact Academic Advising:
503-883-2250 firstname.lastname@example.org Melrose 010 8am-5pm M-F