Apply to be a Peer Advisor
The hiring process is no longer underway for fall of 2018
Apply via CatConnect using your Linfield CatNet ID in the spring. The position is listed as "Fall Peer Advisor." The application requires submission of a Cover Letter and Resume. Please read ALL application instructions carefully to ensure your application is complete.
Attendance at all of the following is mandatory.
- *PA Training Class: IDST 070 (1 para. cr.)-this class will begin after Spring Break (the week of March 26-30th) and will be on days/times that are determined based on all hired PAs’ spring course schedules. It will likely meet in the evenings, twice a week, for an hour each time. (March-May)
- PA and FA Workshop- 1-2 hrs (May)
- PA Check-In I- 30 mins, individual meeting with Academic Advising staff to identify learning outcomes to focus on for the year
- Distance Advising: the focus of this work is on helping new students get registered, primarily in June, while continuing to answer questions and helping students feel a sense of connection to the college as well as excitement for becoming a member of the community (May-Aug)
- PA Training- plan to keep this week free of all other commitments, specific times on these dates TBD (Aug 20-23, move back to campus Aug 17)
- New Student Orientation Weekend (Aug 24-26)
- Weekly meeting with Faculty Advisor-1 hr (Aug-Nov)
- *PA In-service Class: IDST 072 (1 para cr) (Aug-Nov)
- Weekly Colloquium class- 1 hr (Aug-Nov)
- One on one advising- 16 hrs, at least two meetings with each of your students (Sept-Oct)
- PA Check-In II: individual meeting with Academic Advising staff to check progress on learning outcomes (Sept-Oct)
- PA Check-In III: individual meeting Academic Advising staff for final learning outcome reflection (Nov-Dec)
- One on one advising - 8 hours, at least one meeting with each of your students (Spring)
Required Qualifications and Compensation:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Passion for helping new students get integrated within Linfield
- Ability to work well with peers, new students, and faculty
- Demonstrate involvement on campus or in the community
- Enthusiasm about Linfield and the value of Colloquium
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75. GPA will be checked upon submission of application materials.
- Students studying abroad for spring of 2018 are not eligible for this position.
- $750.00 stipend for first-time Peer Advisors to be paid in two separate transactions in the fall
- $800.00 stipend for returning Peer Advisors to be paid in two separate transactions in the fall
Questions? Contact Academic Advising:
503-883-2250 firstname.lastname@example.org Melrose 010 8am-5pm M-F