Academic Advising for New Students
At Linfield, academic advising is based in partnership. Faculty and Peer Registration Advisors partner with students to develop meaningful educational plans that relate to students' academic and life goals. Academic advisors get to know their students' interests, strengths, and aspirations. Refer to the guide and checklist below to get started!
Academic Advising and Registration Checklist
Complete the items on this checklist to prepare for your first semester at Linfield. You will receive more in-depth advising, long-term educational planning, and support from Academic Advising and Peer Registration Advisors. You can find a copy of this information in your Academic Advising and Registration Guide.
- Set up your Linfield Email and CatNet Password
- Complete your Advising Profile to help you select classes (CatNet ID required)
- Complete the required forms on WebAdvisor
- Prepare your course schedule and alternatives for the fall
- Consult Academic Advising with questions (email@example.com)
- Pre-load your preferred sections into WebAdvisor
- Register for classes on WebAdvisor in starting in January (Spring start) or late June (Fall start)
- Linfield Majors and Minors
- First Semester Academic Programs Grid: Identify courses based on your areas of interest.
- Sample First-Semester Schedules
- First Year Advising
- Learning Support Services (LSS)
- AP & IB Information
- International Programs and Language Study
- Study Abroad Information
- New Student Housing
- Housing Move In Information
- Financial Aid
- Linfield ID Card Photo Upload Instructions
- Parking Permit Registration
- Pre-Orientation Programs
- Spanish Speaking Orientación
- Orientation Weekend
- Course Placement Information
- Language Placement Information
- Shuttle Information
- Linfield Curriculum: Linfield's general education requirements.
- Program Evaluation: Tells you what classes you still need to take for an intended major.
- Course Selection FAQs
- Transfer Credit: Watch this video to understanding your Transfer Equivalency Report.
- Faculty Advisors
- Information Technology Services (ITS)
Need help? Contact Academic Advising!
Peer Registration Advisors (PRAs) are ready and able to assist you with the registration process – including selecting classes. PRAs will be reaching out to you via phone or email in January (Spring start) or early June (Fall start) to help you navigate the registration process. PRAs can also connect you with a faculty in the area you are interested in studying. Check your Linfield email account to stay up to date with important information.