Academic Advising for New Students
New first-year and transfer students starting at Linfield in Fall 2020 can get prepared for registration below.
At Linfield, academic advising is based on a system of shared responsibility. Prior to their first semester at Linfield, students are assigned a peer Registration & Orientation Leader (ROL) and a faculty advisor who serve as guides and mentors in preparation for college success. Faculty advisors and ROLs work with new first-year and transfer students to develop meaningful academic plans that relate to students' academic and life goals. Additionally, the academic advising office supports all Linfield students.
Academic Advising and Registration Checklist (Fall 2020 Start)
Complete the items on this checklist (also under the New Students menu) to prepare for your first semester at Linfield. You will receive more in-depth advising, long-term academic planning, and support from your assigned Registration & Orientation Leader (ROL) starting in the spring and faculty advisor later in the summer.
- Set up your Linfield Email and CatNet Password
- Complete your Advising Profile (in your Admission Portal)
- Complete the required forms on WebAdvisor
- Prepare your course schedule and alternatives for the fall semester
- Consult with your Registration & Orientation Leader (ROL) to answer questions
- Pre-load your preferred courses and sections into Refer to information regarding the English Language and Culture Program
Need help? Contact your Registration & Orientation Leader!
Registration & Orientation Leaders (ROLs) will be available starting in May to assist you with the registration process – including selecting classes. ROLs will be reaching out to you via phone or email in late May or early June to help you navigate the registration process. ROLs can also connect you with a faculty member in the area you are interested in studying. New students will be assigned a faculty advisor later in the summer. Check your Linfield email account to stay up to date with important information.