Academic Advising for New Students
At Linfield, academic advising is based in partnership. Faculty and Peer Registration Advisors partner with students to develop meaningful educational plans that relate to students' academic and life goals. Academic advisors get to know their students' interests, strengths, and aspirations. Refer to the guide and checklist below to get started!
Academic Advising and Registration Checklist
Complete the items on this checklist to prepare for your first semester at Linfield. You will receive more in-depth advising, long-term educational planning, and support from your assigned faculty advisor, Academic Advising staff, and Peer Advising Specialists.
- Set up your Linfield Email and CatNet Password
- Complete your Advising Profile (in your Admission Portal) to help assign you a faculty advisor
- Complete the required forms on WebAdvisor
- Prepare your course schedule and alternatives for the spring
- Contact your assigned faculty advisor to approve your course schedule (email email@example.com if you don't know who your faculty advisor is)
- Consult Academic Advising with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pre-load your preferred sections into WebAdvisor
- Register for classes on WebAdvisor starting in January (Spring start)
- Linfield Majors and Minors
- First Semester Academic Programs Grid: Identify courses based on your areas of interest.
- Sample First-Semester Schedules
- First Year Advising
- Linfield Curriculum: Linfield's general education requirements.
- Program Evaluation: Tells you what classes you still need to take for an intended major.
- Course Selection FAQs
- Learning Support Services (LSS)
- Faculty Advisors
Transfer, AP, and IB Credit
- AP & IB Information
- Course Placement Information
- Language Placement Information
- Transfer Credit: Watch this video to understanding your Transfer Equivalency Report.
Orientation and Preparing for Arrival
- New Student Housing
- Housing Move In Information
- Pre-Orientation Programs
- Spanish Speaking Orientación
- Orientation Weekend
- Linfield ID Card Photo Upload Instructions
- Parking Permit Registration
- Shuttle Information
- International Programs and Language Study
- Study Abroad Information
- Financial Aid
- Information Technology Services (ITS)
Need help? Contact Academic Advising!
Peer Registration Advisors (PRAs) are ready and able to assist you with the registration process – including selecting classes. PRAs will be reaching out to you via phone or email in January (Spring start) or early June (Fall start) to help you navigate the registration process. PRAs can also connect you with a faculty in the area you are interested in studying. Check your Linfield email account to stay up to date with important information.