Academic Advising for New Students
At Linfield, academic advising is partnership. Faculty and peer advisors partner with students to develop meaningful educational plans that relate to students' academic and life goals. Advisors get to know their students' interests, strengths, and aspirations. Refer to the guide and checklist below to get started!
Advising and Registration Checklist
Complete the items on this checklist to prepare for your first semester at Linfield. You will receive more in-depth advising, long-term educational planning, and support from your Faculty and Peer Advisors. You can find a copy of this information in your New Student Orientation packet.
- Reset your CatNet Password
- Complete the following required WebAdvisor forms
- Emergency Notification Information
- Measles (MMR/MMRV) Vaccination Information
- My Emergency Contacts
- Linfield Educational Services Agreement (LESA)
- Disclosure of Directory Information
- Submit your Advising Profile (CatNet ID required)
- Prepare your course schedule and alternatives
- Consult Peer and/or Faculty Advisor
- Register for classes on WebAdvisor
- Transfer students must be cleared for registration by their Faculty Advisor.
- Watch this quick video to learn how to load possible classes into your Preferred Sections on WebAdvisor.
- Linfield Curriculum: Linfield's general education requirements.
- Linfield Majors and Minors
- Academic Programs Grid: information on appropriate courses to take in your first semester, based on your academic interest or intended major.
- Course Placement Information
- International Programs and Language Study: It's not too early to start planning a semester abroad!
- Course Selection FAQs
- Transfer Credit: watch this video to understanding your Transfer Equivalency Report.
Need help? Contact your Peer or Faculty Advisor!
Refer to the letters from your Peer or Faculty Advisor in your New Student Orientation packet (contact information for your advisors may be emailed to you prior to the Orientation mailing) and contact them if you need assistance. Your Peer Advisor will be reaching out to you via phone or email to be sure you’re prepared to register. Be sure to regularly communicate with your Peer Advisor and check your Linfield email account to stay up to date with important information.