- Linfield College
Academic Advising Faculty and Advisors

Faculty & Advisor Resources

Academic Advising on Linfield's McMinnville campus is dedicating to supporting the development of faculty advisors' advising practice. Faculty are encouraged to contact Academic Advising by visiting us in Melrose 010, calling x2250, or emailing any staff member for help. 

Featured Resource: Transfer Student Advising Info

Transfer Credit / Transfer Equivalency Database

How-To Guide for Reading a Transfer Equivalency Report and Program Evaluation

Reading and Interpreting a Transfer Equivalency Report (video)

Identifying Transfer Courses in the Program Evaluation

Transfer courses may appear on the program evaluation in one of the  following ways, depending on how the course transferred to Linfield. Consult the student's Transfer Equivalency Report, or TRER, for more detailed information about how the course was offered at the student's previous institution, and how the course transferred to Linfield. TRERs can be found in your electronic advising files in Winfiles, but are not available in WebAdvisor.

 1. The transfer course is equivalent to a Linfield course.

The course appears on the program evaluation as the Linfield course name and is marked *TE.

2. The transfer course is not equivalent to an existing Linfield course, but is transferable.

The course appears as discipline/ course level/ TR or LC (if applicable).  For example, a non-LC Geography course would appear as TRAN*1TR; a 100-level Biology course with an NW equivalency would appear as BIOL*1NW.

3. The course is pending evaluation.

The course appears with a "?" - for example, ENGL*1TR?. The TRER (Transfer Equivalency Report) will note the LC for which the course is being reviewed. TRERs can be found in your electronic advising files in Winfiles, but are not available in WebAdvisor.

4. The course is not transferable.

These courses do not appear on the program evaluation. Examples of non-transferable coursework include, but aren't limited to, courses graded lower than a C and academic courses below the 100 level.