Advising & Colloquium
Academic and career advising at Linfield is a four-year plan. All students are assigned a faculty advisor, first in their Colloquium course, and later in the academic department that houses their major. However, they also have resources such as the Office of Academic Advising for general advising or the offices of Learning Support Services, Career Development and Student Health, Wellness & Counseling for more specific assistance.
In the first semester on campus, all new first-year and transfer students will be enrolled in a Colloquium course. This one-semester, one-credit course is designed to help students make a successful transition to Linfield. Through Colloquium, students will:
- Receive guidance and support in adjusting to college life,
- Discover the ins and outs of navigating Linfield,
- Get to know faculty and peer advisors,
- Learn about resources on campus,
- Receive advising and assistance in registering for classes,
- Improve time management and study skills,
- Consider and make plans for short- and long-term academic goals; and,
- Make new friends and build community.