Your Journey Starts Here
Join us in McMinnville
Your Linfield education will take place inside and outside the classroom and be dynamic, diverse, rigrous, interesting and engaging. Successful Linfield students take advantage of all of the opportunities available, including research, internships, study abroad, athletics, the performing arts and beyond.
To join us on our McMinnville Campus, located one hour southwest of Portland in the lush Willamette Valley, determine your next steps toward admission and enrollment here.
McMinnville Campus population
- 1,700 undergraduate students
- 47 academic programs
- 14 average class size
- 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 75% living on campus
- 21 NCAA Division III athletic teams
- 300+ leadership positions
- 40 clubs and organizations
Fall 2020 Class Profile
- 470 Students (403 First-Year & 67 Transfer)
- 60.6% Women, 37.6% Men, 1.7% Transgender or Non-Binary
- 37.0% Students of Color
- 42.9% First-Generation
- 14 States
- 12 Global Languages Spoken at Home
- 49 Countries Visited
- Average Profile of First-Year Students
- Average weighted GPA 3.417-3.976 (mid-50 percent)
- Students submitting test scores 70.2%
- Average SAT 1070-1220 (mid-50 percent)
- Average ACT 21-28 (mid-50 percent)
- Average Profile of Transfer Students
- Average GPA 3.00-3.688 (mid-50 percent)
- Average unofficial credit transfer: 24.33-55.34 (mid-50 percent)
Linfield University offers 49 majors and 46 minors across our College of Arts & Science and School of Business on the McMinnville Campus, School of Nursing on our Portland Campus, and through Online and Continuing Education.
Every Linfield student, regardless of major, has the opportunity to study abroad. We believe so strongly in the importance of studying abroad that we provide three options for doing so, and even pay for the first round-trip airfare from Portland International Airport.
At Linfield, learning doesn't just occur inside the classroom. It extends into laboratories, out in the field or through internships. You can assist faculty members with their projects, or branch out to conduct research on your own or with your peers.
When you set out to embrace all that Linfield has to offer, you can accomplish just about anything beyond your college career.