Lacroute Initiative for Advancing the Liberal Arts
Thanks to a generous donation from Linfield College Trustee Ronni Lacroute, Linfield is able to support the Lacroute Initiative for Advancing the Liberal Arts at Linfield College.
The Initiative is a three-year program (funded through June 30, 2022) and is a forum for enacting an interdisciplinary vision of learning, life, and community by:
- Facilitating the exploration of multiple disciplines and their varied ways of knowing;
- Integrating Linfield’s rich diversity of people, places, and perspectives;
- Enabling practice of creative, collaborative solutions to complex problems;
- Bridging intellectual life on Linfield’s rural and urban campuses;
- Creating a central shared resource for effective teaching and learning; and,
- Fostering interdisciplinary experimentation and innovation.
Request for Proposals
Spring 2020 proposal period closed on Monday, February 17.
The next round of Lacroute proposal submissions will take place in Fall 2020.
The Lacroute Steering Committee is currently overseeing PLACE.
Susan Agre-Kippenhan, Provost/ Vice President for Academic Affairs
Pat Cottrell, Professor of Political Science and Lacroute Scholar in the Liberal Arts
Leonard Finkelman, Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Lacroute Scholar in the Liberal Arts
Jamie Friedman, Assistant Professor of English and Lacroute Scholar in the Liberal Arts
Tom Mertes, Administrator
Jennifer Williams, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies and Lacroute Scholar in the Liberal Arts
The Lacroute Initiative supports local and national visitors in residence who contribute to the liberal arts through disciplinary and interdisciplinary programming.
Adleane Hunter, Director-in-Residence, Fall 2019