Lacroute Initiative for Advancing the Liberal Arts
Thanks to a generous donation from Linfield College Trustee Ronni Lacroute, Linfield is able to support the Lacroute Initiative for Advancing the Liberal Arts at Linfield College.
The Initiative is a three-year program (funded through June 30, 2022) and is a forum for enacting an interdisciplinary vision of learning, life, and community by:
- Facilitating the exploration of multiple disciplines and their varied ways of knowing;
- Integrating Linfield’s rich diversity of people, places, and perspectives;
- Enabling practice of creative, collaborative solutions to complex problems;
- Bridging intellectual life on Linfield’s rural and urban campuses;
- Creating a central shared resource for effective teaching and learning; and,
- Fostering interdisciplinary experimentation and innovation.
Advisor to the Lacroute Initiative
The Lacroute Initiative Steering Committee is currently overseeing PLACE.
The Lacroute Initiative supports local and national visitors in residence who contribute to the liberal arts through disciplinary and interdisciplinary programming.