Already know what it is and have an account? Click log in to open WebEx in a new window.
What is it
WebEx is a video conferencing tool available to all faculty and staff. It works like Skype and Google Hangouts in that you can meet with multiple people by voice, text and or video. With Webex you can meet with individuals or large groups.
Why would you use it
Webex is ideal for meetings with people who are not members of the Linfield community. Participants in a webex meeting do not need an account, making it easy for attendees to participate.
- Admission Office invites prospective students to meet with Admission Recruiters.
- A Professor invites experts to visit the class from a distance.
- A Faculty or Staff member sets up a meeting with colleagues at other institutions.
- A meeting or lecture is held on campus. Participants who cannot be in the room are invited to join remotely.
- A faculty member or trainer holds a webinar.
- Schedule a meeting and send the link to those you wish to invite.
- Create your own “room” with a persistent link for regular meetings.
- Record your session and make recording available to participants or others.
- Share your screen with meeting attendees.
- Text to the host or to the group during meeting.
- Send links to the group via text message.
- Participants do not need a Webex account.
- Webex meetings occur inside your browser. (a quick browser plugin install is needed the first time anyone attends a webex meeting.
- Offers a Whiteboard for host or group use.
How-To's(Click to expand)
How to Get it
- Go to this request an account link
- Click on request host account near the upper left
- Fill out the form
- Select Meeting Center as the service you’ll need
- A follow up email will arrive shortly after to have you setup your password
Login to WebEx through the link at the top or here.
How to use it
- Host a meeting
- Schedule and start a meeting
- Share your screen
- Share content in your meeting
- Share your video feed
- Attend a Meeting
- Share Content in Your Meeting
- Record a Meeting
- Schedule a Meeting
- Connect to Your Meeting’s Audio
- Modifying a Meeting
- Joining a Meeting and Presentation Control
- Join a Meeting as an Attendee
- Hosting a Meeting and Sharing Materials
- Viewing Recorded Meetings and Reports