Linfield College Payment Procedure
Linfield College Student Accounts Office has established an online procedure for the student and/or parent to pay the billed charges for each semester the student is enrolled. The procedure includes specific date requirements. Each student is to do one of the following each semester by August 5 for Fall Semester and February 3 for Spring Semester:
1. Pay In Full so that the account balance is zero by August 5 for Fall Semester and February 3 for Spring Semester, or,
2. Pay all Cash Due not covered by the Tuition Management Systems (TMS) payment plan and not covered by accepted Financial Aid by August 5 for Fall Semester and February 3 for Spring Semester, AND sign a LESA.
The Student Accounts Office will mail the Fall Semester Statement of Account in July, and for Spring Semester in early January. Typically, the statement billed charges will include the cost of Tuition, Room, Board, Student Body Fee, Technology Fee and Health Insurance, by the semester. Other costs such as transportation, books and personal expenses remain the responsibility of the student/parent and may not be added to the statement. Paying each semester's billed charges may be accomplished in various ways, each having specific date and documentation requirements:
- TUITION payment plan: The tuition payment plan offered by Linfield is through Tuition Management Systems (TMS). TMS payment plan includes the SEMESTER cost of Tuition, Room, Board, Student Body Fee, Technology Fee and Health Insurance, (excluding the cost of transportation, books and personal expenses), less SEMESTER net financial aid (excluding Federal Work-Study). You should also include the cost of January Term in the spring semester plan. The TMS $40.00 fee and application should be received by TMS no later than August 1 for fall and February 1 for spring regardless of the first monthly payment date. There is no interest charge if all payments are made as scheduled with TMS. However, if your TMS payment is late, TMS will assess a $50 late fee, and, Linfield will assess a late fee of $25.00 per late payment per month, and a 1% per month Finance Charge for the remainder of the Tuition Management Systems (TMS) plan. A plan may be established by going to www.linfield.afford.com and paying the $40.00 fee.
- CASH PAYMENT: The portion of the semester billed charges not included in the TMS payment plan and not covered by accepted net financial aid is paid directly to Linfield by August 5 for Fall Semester and February 3 for Spring Semester. Please make check or money order payable to Linfield College and mail to Linfield College, 900 SE Baker St. A454, McMinnville, Oregon 97128-6894. Linfield College does NOT accept credit cards as an acceptable method of payment for Tuition, Fees, Room and Board. However, Linfield has contracted with TMS to administer our credit card payment program. If you choose to pay by VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express plus the accompanying VARIABLE TELEPROCESSING FEE depending on the amount charged, please call the TMS Tuition Direct number 1-800-722-4867 or online at www.linfield.afford.com or ECSI 1-888-549-3274 online at www.ecsi.net/gateway/linfield.html. Payment by credit card to TMS must be paid by August 5 for fall semester, January 2 for January term and February 3 for spring semester.
- INTERNATIONAL WIRES: Linfield College has teamed up with peerTransfer to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international wires for tuition payments. It's fast, simple and cost effective from any country anytime.
- Save money - using peerTransfer will save you hundreds of dollars on each tuition payment vs. traditional bank wires
- Simple - no more back-and-forth with the school and the bank trying to get all the information you need to make a wire payment
- Quick - no more waiting and wondering if your payment has posted to your account. peerTransfer will keep you and Linfield College informed along the way.
- peerTransfer accepts payments from any country - typically in your home currency. We work to secure your wholesale foreign exchange rates, which are significantly lower than rates offered by traditional banks.
- Visit peerTransfer.com, enter your tuition amount, and immediately see how much money you will save. Once you initiate payment on peerTransfer.com, you will receive detailed instructions on how to transfer funds to Linfield College. peerTransfer will keep you informed at every step in the process, including when funds reach your student account.
- Payments are posted to your student account much quicker than they would be if you were using a regular bank to pay. And you can be assured that you will never have a short-payment due to unexpected transfer fees or bank charges.