"The end of all education should surely be service to others." — Cesar E. Chavez
"Service-Learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities." - National Service Learning Clearinghouse
Linfield's Office of Community Engagement & Service provides:
- Service-learning course development assistance, community partner consultation, and classroom presentations
- Faculty development workshops on service-learning and community-campus partnerships
- Sample documents including sample syllabi, campus-community partnership agreements, and student service-learning contracts
- Reflection activities and evaluations
- Drop-in hours for students seeking community service learning partners: Monday - Thursday, 1:30-4:00pm, and by appointment
Where do I start?
- Read more about service-learning and its benefits here
- Check out the faculty resources here.
- Contact Community Engagment and Service Interim Director Joni Tonn firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-883-2636 to set up a meeting to discuss how service-learning in your course.