Education and Advising
CES Director, Joni Tonn, conducts advising sessions with individual students, student leadership organizations, classes, faculty, staff, and administrators to help find the perfect service opportunity for you or your group. Topics can vary, some examples include:
- Finding a volunteer opportunity
- Understanding Philanthropy: from charity to service-learning
- Service-Learning theory
- Active Citizen Continuum
- Leadership Development
- Volunteer management
- Volunteer hour tracking spreadsheets
- Information about post-graduate service opportunities
- Volunteer/Service event planning guides
- A database of community partners
We are also happy to brainstorm other topics that may be helpful.
Contact Community Engagement and Service Director Joni Tonn, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 503-883-2636.