Community Engagement & Service at Linfield College promotes student learning, development, and civic responsibility through co-curricular and curricular service opportunities.
In fulfillment of the mission of Linfield College, “Connecting Learning, Life, and Community,” we aim to:
- Connect Linfield students as members of the campus, community, and global society
- Bridge students’ theoretical and practical knowledge through experiential learning opportunities
- Foster critical thinking, problem solving, and multi-cultural competencies, and
- Empower students to become engaged citizens and agents of social and environmental change
Our office supports students on their journey toward civic engagement by maintaining partnerships with over 100 community-based organizations; offering community service consultation to individual students, groups, and faculty; and sponsoring numerous Community Service programs and events.
CES Upcoming Events
Hunger & Homelessness Week - November 15th-21st
- YCAP Canned Food Drive - Bins will be located in major buildings around campus from Nov. 13th-the 22nd.
- Saturday Morning Breakfast -Saturday, November 15th, 7:00-11:30AM. Volunteer with fellow Wildcats and serve those in need of a hot meal. Email Chandler Collins to sign up.
- Poverty in McMinnville - November 17th, 7:00PM Walker 201. Join us for a presentation by McMinnville community members Howie Harkema and Jay Jaeger. They will be speaking on homelessness in McMinnville.
- OxFam Dinner Banquet - November 19th, 5:00PM Dillin Hall. In collaboration with the PLACE program, CES will host the Ox-fam Dinner Buffet, where students will gain perspective on how proper nutrition is dependent on income. To do so, we will separate students into groups of income and offer them the according meal. Email Chandler Collins to sign up or get more information.
Other Upcoming Events
- Volunteer Appreciation Pancake Feed - Thursday November 13th, 8:00-9:00PM. Join us in Riley 301 for free pancakes as well celebrate and appreciate the volunteer efforts of the Linfield community. All are welcome to attend.
- Trying to get connected to a community partner, or looking for a service opportunity? Fill out and return this form to Riley 301 or to email@example.com.
Connect With Us Online!