Community Engagement & Service at Linfield College promotes student learning, development, and civic responsibility through co-curricular and curricular service opportunities.
In fulfillment of the mission of Linfield College, “Connecting Learning, Life, and Community,” we aim to:
- Connect Linfield students as members of the campus, community, and global society
- Bridge students’ theoretical and practical knowledge through experiential learning opportunities
- Foster critical thinking, problem solving, and multi-cultural competencies, and
- Empower students to become engaged citizens and agents of social and environmental change
Our office supports students on their journey toward civic engagement by maintaining partnerships with over 100 community-based organizations; offering community service consultation to individual students, groups, and faculty; and sponsoring numerous Community Service programs and events.
CES Upcoming Events
Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service - January 19th, 2015
- Join us for a day of service in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.!
- One van of students will be sent to help out at the Portland site for Oregon Campus Compact
- In partnership with Chemeketa, there will be several opportunities throughout the day for students to volunteer locally in McMInnville.
- Check back in January for more information!
Connect With Us Online!