Who should apply?
Evaluate yourself as a candidate:
- Are you highly motivated?
- Do you have a vision for yourself and our society?
- Are you enthusiastic about and committed to the process of applying?
- Are you ambitious?
- Do you read widely, both in your field and beyond?
- Do you stay abreast of what is happening in the world?
- Have you studied a second language?
- Are you interested in graduate work?
- Do you have a strong GPA in challenging courses?
- Are you willing to invest a great deal of time and energy in the application process?
- Are you persistent and not easily discouraged?
- Can you take criticism and suggestions (which are not always consistent) from many different people?
- Have you developed a Plan B?
If you answered yes to most of the above questions, you should consider exploring the scholarship and fellowship opportunities on this site.