Interested in Becoming an RA?
Resident Advisors are responsible for the Residence Life program in their Residence Hall or Suburb Area, under the immediate supervision of the Area Director.
The College considers Residence Life a vital facet of each student?s education at Linfield and places a great deal of trust in the work of the RA. Therefore, a thorough selection and training process is in place and high standards for job performance are expected. The following are a list of standards that all Residence Life staff members are held responsible for:
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Assist with housing registration in the spring
- Return for pre-orientation in August
- Must be present for the opening and closing of College housing
- Enroll in the 1 credit RA In-Service class
- Work 1 hour a week in the Residence Life office
- Coordinate monthly programs for your Residence Hall/Suburb Area
- Take 4 duty weekends a semester
- Maintain a safe environment for your residents
- Help build a strong and supportive community
- Adhere to all Linfield College policies as outlined by the policy guide
- Complete the RA Training class [IDST 060] during Jan Term or Spring Semester (recommended)
Resident Advisors receive a double room as a single free of cost and a $1,000 stipend. Suburb RAs receive a full apartment credit. RAs receive valuable training in leadership, conflict resolution, people skills and crisis management. These skills are looked highly upon by graduate schools and employers.
Apply to be an RA
- Applications for the 2014/15 school year will be avaliable begining January 6th 2014.
- RA applicants are encouraged to participate in a 1 credit leadership course: RA Training class [IDST 060] during Jan Term or Spring Semester. The class meets Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM. During the spring term the class only meets for the first three weeks of the semester.