Registration for 2016 Jan Term and 2016 Spring Semester courses begins on Nov. 9, 2015.
Course Schedules are listed on the Registrar's Office Website:
Click on 2016JA or 2016SP “Scheduled Course Offerings”.
Course Schedules are also listed in WebAdvisor by clicking on “Search for Sections.” Course sections numbered 01, 02, 03, etc. are McMinnville Campus classes.
Other sections are not applicable.
Course sections beginning with an “A” are OCE Program classes.
Course sections beginning with a “P” are Portland Campus classes.
The registration schedule is based on COMPLETED credits. This does not include your 2015 Fall semester courses. Transcripts for courses taken elsewhere must arrive in the Linfield Registrar’s Office by October 30, 2015 in order to be evaluated in time to count toward your completed credits for registration.
Before You Can Begin Registration
- Login to WebAdvisor and click on "Emergency Notification Info"; Verify or correct the existing information and verify that your LESA is done. You will not be allowed to register until you have completed this process.
- Student account balance must be paid.
- Clear any holds that may be on your record. These include:
- Confirming your emergency information.
- Needing final high school transcript sent to the Registrar’s Office.
- Declaring major if 45 cumulative credits or more (see Academic Advising Office).
- Submitting approved “Higher Than Normal Load” petition, if required (see below).
- Declaring privacy preferences by logging into WebAdvisor and submitting the “Disclosure of Directory Information.”
- Academic Advising:
- To change major, minor or degree type, go to Academic Advising, Melrose 010. Any change should be processed before registration. (If you have already submitted your "Application for Graduation", come to the Registrar’s Office to make degree, major or minor changes, instead of Academic Advising).
- Schedule a meeting with your Academic Advisor.
- Set up your “preferred sections” as soon as possible--see Online Preregistration Instructions below.
- Print your program evaluation, transcript & preferred sections list from WebAdvisor.
- Make an appointment to meet with your advisor.
- Meet with your academic advisor to plan course schedule. Select alternative courses in case your first choices are full & add these to your preferred section list.
- Your advisor will clear you for online registration.
- Advisor on sabbatical? See your replacement advisor or Academic Advising (Melrose 010).
- CHECK to make sure your advisor has approved you for registration by going to “Approved for Registration?” on WebAdvisor.
- Registering for 17 or 18 Credits and your GPA is less than 3.5:
- Get a "Higher Than Normal Credit Load" petition from the Registrar's Office or Higher Than Normal Credit Load Petition.
- Complete the petition and get your Academic Advisor's signature.
- Bring signed petition to the Registrar's Office with your signed add/drop slip after your registration time.
- Registering for more than 18 credits:
- Get an "Overload" Petition from the Registrar's Office or More Than 18 Credit Petition.
- Complete the form, get signatures and bring the petition to the Registrar's Office with your signed add/drop slip after your registration time.
Online Preregistration Instructions: (To set up preferred sections)
Before assigned registration time:
- Select alternative courses in case first choices are full.
- Log in to WebAdvisor, select Student Menu, then Register for Sections, then Search & Register, to set up preferred sections (like filling your shopping cart at your favorite online retailer).
- Click on SUBMIT to save your course selections until your actual registration time.
- Confirm your registration time. Register during or after your assigned time (See online registration instructions below).
During registration week, November 9-12, the Registrar’s Office will be open to assist students with registration questions from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
There is no reason to miss class to register! You can register any time after your registration start time.
Courses requiring INSTRUCTOR’S CONSENT will not be available for online registration. Submit an add/drop form per the instructions as described below.
If you do not have a needed PREREQUISITE for a course, you must obtain the instructor’s signature to add the class with an add/drop slip and submit as described below.
Some courses are set up with COREQUISITES (like science courses with labs). You should register for the lab first and then the class.
After you register, print your schedule and SAVE YOUR PRINTOUT as your confirmation. If classes do not print on your schedule, you are not registered.
Please keep in mind that there may be changes to the course schedule. Classes may be cancelled, new classes added, times and days may change, room assignments may change, caps may change and/or course fees may be added.
Online Registration Instructions
- Log in to WebAdvisor, select Student Menu, then Register for Sections, then Register for Previously Selected Sections.
- From the pull down menu under ACTION on the left, select your action. You may mark each class you wish as “Register” and click submit at the bottom of the page. You may remove courses from your list by marking “remove” and submit.
- After submitting, please notice the messages that indicate which classes actually registered and which did not and the reason.
- Need to add sections to your Preferred List? Return to Search & Register and continue as above.
- When you have finished registering, confirm your registration by going to “My Class Schedule” and PRINT a copy (keep this printout as your receipt). If your schedule is not visible, you are not registered. Come to the Registrar’s Office for assistance.
- Log out of WebAdvisor when finished.
Online Adds and Drops
If you need an add/drop slip because you need instructor's consent (a class is full, you don't have a required prerequisite or co-requisite, etc.), adding and dropping classes has changed from a paper to an online process.
To access the website, go to Secure Add/Drop sign in.
- Follow the instruction on the online form.
- The request will be submitted online first to the instructor of the course.
- If the instructor approves, it will be forwarded to you academic advisor for approval.
- If your advisor approves, the request will be sent to the Registrar's Office for processing. When the add or drop is complete, the Registrar's Office will send you an email asking you to check your schedule on WebAdvisor.