Registration for 2014 Jan/Spring semester courses begins on November 4, 2013.
Login to WebAdvisor and click on "Emergency Notification Info"; either verify or correct the existing information. You will not be allowed to register until you have completed this process.
Course Schedules are listed on:
- Course sections numbered 01, 02, 03, etc. are McMinnville Campus classes.
Other sections are not applicable:
1. Course sections beginning with an “A” are Adult Degree Program classes.
2. Course sections beginning with a “P” are Portland Campus classes.
The registration schedule is based on COMPLETED credits. This does not include your 2013 Fall semester courses. Transcripts for courses taken elsewhere must arrive in the Linfield Registrar’s Office by October 25, 2013 in order to be evaluated in time to count toward your completed credits for registration.
BEFORE YOU CAN REGISTER:
1. Student account balance must be paid.
- These include:
- Confirming your emergency information.
- Needing final high school transcript sent to the Registrar’s Office.
- Declaring major if 45 cumulative credits or more (see Academic Advising Office).
- Submitting approved “Higher Than Normal Load” petition, if required (see below).
- Declaring privacy preferences by filing a FERPA form (Registrar’s Office).
- To change major, minor or degree type, go to Academic Advising, Walker 124. Any change should be processed before registration. (If you have already turned in your “Intent to Graduate” form, come to the Registrar’s Office to make degree, major or minor changes, instead of Academic Advising).
- Print your program evaluation and transcript from WebAdvisor.
- Make an appointment to meet with your advisor.
- Meet with academic advisor to plan course schedule. Select alternative courses in case your first choices are full.
- Set up your “preferred sections” as soon as you meet with your advisor--see Online Preregistration Instructions below.
- Your advisor will clear you for online registration using one of the following methods:
- Using the advisor’s WebAdvisor page
- Sending a list of cleared students to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signing add/drop or registration form (please bring document to the Registrar’s Office, Melrose 012, for entry during or after your registration time.
Advisor on sabbatical? See your replacement advisor or Academic Advising (Walker 124).
CHECK to make sure your advisor has approved you for registration by going to “Approved for Registration?” on WebAdvisor.
- Get a "Higher Than Normal Credit Load" petition from the Registrar's Office or Higher Than Normal Credit Load Petition.
- Complete the petition and get your Academic Advisor's signature.
- Bring signed petition to the Registrar's Office with your signed add/drop slip after your registration time.
- Get an "Overload" Petition from the Registrar's Office or More Than 18 Credit Petition.
- Complete the form, get signatures and bring the petition to the Registrar's Office.
ONLINE PREREGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS: (To set up preferred sections)
- Select alternative courses in case first choices are full.
- Log in to WebAdvisor, select Student Menu, then Register for Sections, then Express Registration, to set up preferred sections (like filling your shopping cart at your favorite online retailer).
- To simplify computer entry: fill in the course synonym (the 4 digit number in the far left column on the course schedule when using the Registrar’s web page) and select the term from the pull down menu on the far right. If you are searching for sections on WebAdvisor, the synonym is the 4-digit number located just under the course name.
- Click on SUBMIT to save your course selections until your actual registration time.
- Confirm your registration time. Register during or after your assigned time (See online registration instructions below).
During registration week, November 4-7, the Registrar’s Office will be open to assist students with registration questions from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Thursday.
There is no reason to miss class to register! You can register any time after your registration start time.
Courses requiring INSTRUCTOR’S CONSENT will not be available for online processing. Submit an add/drop form per the instructions as described below.
If you do not have a needed PREREQUISITE for a course, you must obtain the instructor’s signature to add the class with an add/drop slip and submit as described below.
Some courses are set up with COREQUISITES (like science courses with labs). You should register for the lab first and then the class.
After you register, print your schedule and SAVE YOUR PRINTOUT as your confirmation. If classes do not print on your schedule, you are not registered.
Please keep in mind that there may be changes to the course schedule. Classes may be cancelled, new classes added, times and days may change, room assignments may change, caps may change and/or course fees may be added.
ONLINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Enter WebAdvisor, select Student Menu, then Register for Sections, then Register for Previously Selected Sections.
- From the pull down menu under ACTION on the left, select your action. You may mark each class you wish as “Register” and click submit at the bottom of the page. You may remove courses from your list by marking “remove” and submit.
- After submitting, please notice the messages that indicate which classes actually registered and which did not and the reason.
- Need to add sections to your Preferred List? Return to Search & Register or Express Registration and continue as above.
- When you have finished registering, confirm your registration by going to “My Class Schedule” and PRINT a copy (keep this printout as your receipt). If your schedule is not visible, you are not registered. Come to the Registrar’s Office for assistance.
- Please log out of WebAdvisor when finished.
ONLINE ADDS AND DROPS
If you need an add/drop slip because you need instructor's consent (a class is full, you don't have a required prerequisite or co-requisite, etc.), adding and dropping classes has changed from a paper to an online process.
- Follow the instruction on the online form.
- The request will be submitted online first to the instructor of the course.
- If the instructor approves, it will be forwarded to you academic advisor for approval.
- If your advisor approves, the request will be sent to the Registrar's Office for processing. When the add or drop is complete, the Registrar's Office will send you an email asking you to check your schedule on WebAdvisor.