Before you begin the registration process, please read the Before You Can Register page for information about setting up preferred sections and potential registration hold-ups.
Registration for 2016 Fall Semester courses begins on April 11, 2016.
Course Schedules can be found by going to Fall 2016 Scheduled Course Offerings.
Course Schedules are also listed in WebAdvisor by clicking on “Search for Sections.”
Course sections numbered 01, 02, 03, etc. are McMinnville Campus classes.
Course sections beginning with an “A” are OCE Program classes.
Course sections beginning with a “P” are Portland Campus classes.
The registration schedule is based on COMPLETED credits. This does not include your 2016 Spring semester courses. Transcripts for courses taken elsewhere must arrive in the Linfield Registrar’s Office by April 1, 2016 in order to be evaluated in time to count toward your completed credits for registration.
Online Registration Instructions
- Log in to WebAdvisor, select Student Menu, then Register for Sections, then Register for Previously Selected Sections.
- From the pull down menu under ACTION on the left, select your action. You may mark each class you wish as “Register” and click submit at the bottom of the page. You may remove courses from your list by marking “remove” and submit.
- After submitting, please notice the messages that indicate which classes actually registered and which did not and the reason.
- Need to add sections to your Preferred List? Return to Search & Register and continue as above.
- When you have finished registering, confirm your registration by going to “My Class Schedule” and PRINT a copy (keep this printout as your receipt). If your schedule is not visible, you are NOT registered. Come to the Registrar’s Office for assistance.
- Log out of WebAdvisor when finished.
- Courses requiring INSTRUCTOR’S CONSENT will not be available for online registration. Submit an add/drop form per the instructions as described below.
- If you do not have a needed PREREQUISITE for a course, you must obtain the instructor’s signature to add the class with an add/drop slip and submit as described below.
- Some courses are set up with COREQUISITES (like science courses with labs). You should register for the lab first and then the class.
- After you register, print your schedule and SAVE YOUR PRINTOUT as your confirmation. If classes do not print on your schedule, you are not registered.
- Please keep in mind that there may be changes to the course schedule. Classes may be cancelled, new classes added, times and days may change, room assignments may change, caps may change and/or course fees may be added.
Online Adds and Drops
If you need an add/drop slip because you need instructor's consent (a class is full, you don't have a required prerequisite or co-requisite, etc.), you may complete an online Add/Drop form.
- Once submitted, your add/drop request will be sent to the instructor of the course.
- If the instructor approves, it will be forwarded to you academic advisor for approval.
- If your advisor approves, the request will be sent to the Registrar's Office for processing. When the add or drop is complete, the Registrar's Office will send you an email asking you to check your schedule on WebAdvisor.
During registration week, April 11-14, the Registrar’s Office will be open to assist students with registration questions from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.