Course Schedule Guide
The information on the next two pages is designed to clarify the columnar information and abbreviations that appear on the Course Schedule. Peer and faculty advisors are available during registration to assist you as you select courses. The general education program information is listed under the column heading of “Linfield Curriculum.”
How to Read the Course Schedule:
- Reg# or Syn# - Four-digit number unique to each individual course.
- Dep - Identifies the department which offers the course.
- Cat #- The catalog number used to identify a specific course within a department.
- Sec - Identifies multiple sections of a course with different instructors, times, etc.
- Title - The title of the course offered.
- Linfield Curriculum - Courses that fulfill requirements for the general education program.
- Pre - *Indicates required prerequisite(s). Refer to the Linfield College Bulletin (catalog) for course(s) you must complete before enrolling in this course.
- Inst Appr - Y indicates that the instructor’s signature is required before registration.
- Cred - Number of credit hours awarded upon successful completion of the course (a range indicates variable credit).
- Act - Identifies course as an activity, lecture, laboratory, other type, or to-be-announced.
- Days - The days the course meets. If TBA is listed, contact the professor for information.
- Time - The time of day the course starts and ends. If TBA is listed, contact the professor for information.
- Bldg - Campus building where the course meets, or TBA for to-be-announced locations.
- Room - The room assigned in each building, or TBA for to-be-announced locations.
- Instructor - Name of the faculty member instructing the course.
- Cap - The number of students who may enroll in the course.
- Enr - The number of students currently enrolled in the course.
- Avail - The number of students who may still enroll in the course. “Closed” indicates that the course is currently filled.
|COURSE SUBJECT TITLES||CODE|
|ART AND VISUAL CULTURE||AAVC|
|ENG LANG CULTURE PROG||ELCP|
|HLTH HUMAN PREF ATH||HHPA|
|AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE||MLSL|
|SOC & ANTHROPOLOGY||SOAN|
|THEATRE & COMM ARTS||TACA|
|TCA - COMMUNICATION||TCCA|
|TCA - THEATRE||THTR|
|These new codes are effective beginning 2008 Fall semester.|
* Indicates unique identification for registration, Linfield Curriculum, or Departments as follows:
- AAA - Not a department. Special enrollment for Independent Study, Tutorial, or Internship.
- INQS - Not a department. Designates Inquiry Seminar courses under the Linfield Curriculum.
COMA - Communications Annex
PION - Pioneer Hall
Linfield Curriculum Abbreviations
The following appear on the Course Schedule under the column marked "Linfield Curriculum". These abbreviations identify the courses that satisfy the general education program requirements:
|CS||Creative Studies||Beginning 2008 catalog|
|DA||American Pluralisms||Prior to 2008 catalog|
|DG||Global Diversity||Prior to 2008 catalog|
|GP||Global Pluralisms||Beginning 2008 catalog|
|IA||Images & Arts||Prior to 2008 catalog|
|IS||Individuals, Systems & Societies|
|QR||Quantitative Reasoning||Beginning 2008 catalog|
|US||U.S. Pluralisms||Beginning 2008 catalog|
Back to Course Schedule Guide