Applications are now available for 2013-2014 Loveridge Hall Resident Advisors (RAs). Application materials are due by 5pm on Friday, March 22nd, 2013. A completed application includes a cover letter, resume, application questionnaire, and three recommendation forms; two to be completed by professional references (faculty, staff, supervisors, coaches, etc), and one to be completed by a fellow student. To complete the recommendation forms, please send your references this webpage link and have them click the Electronic Recommendation Form link below. Remind them to electronically fill out their form no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, March 29th, 2013.
Read through the Loveridge Hall RA Job Description below. Before completing the application materials, be sure you're prepared to take on this new role.
Resume & Cover Letter: click Access CatConnect and upload your resume and cover letter to the Loveridge Hall Resident Advisor job posting. These must be uploaded by 5pm on Friday, March 22nd, 2013.
Application Questionnaire: Complete the online application questionnaire. This must be completed by 5pm on Friday, March 22nd, 2013.
Recommendation Forms: The Electronic Recommendation Form, to be filled out by professional and student references by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 29th, 2013.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please feel free to contact Josh Merrick, Student Life Coordinator, at 503-413-7935 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be contacted by Friday, March 29th, 2013 to setup an interview time at either the Portland or McMinnville Campus.
Loveridge Hall RA Job Description
The Loveridge Hall RA staff is comprised of students working under the supervision of the Student Life Coordinator. RAs are charged with being leaders on their floors, building community within the hall, and responding to all kinds of student needs, housing issues, and incidents within the building.
1. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals. Ability to listen, to lead, and to work as a team member. Ability to exercise good judgment in personal conduct and decision-making. Ability to keep confidences.
2. Interest and willingness to interact with students living on the floor as well as all Loveridge Hall residents.
3. Demonstrate flexibility, humor and genuine interest in creating a positive student living environment on the floor.
4. Ability to separate professional responsibility from daily peer interaction.
5. Current Linfield College student with a minimum of one semester living in a residence hall.
Training, participation, behavior
1. Mandatory attendance at RA training beginning the Tuesday BEFORE Fall '13 classes begin.
2. Attend all weekly RA meetings throughout the year.
3. Attend all hall activities unless there is a class conflict.
4. Observe the policies of the Linfield College Student Handbook, Loveridge Hall Handbook, and the Loveridge Hall Housing Contract. Be familiar with these documents and act as a good role model. Policy violations can result in termination from this position.
INTERACTION WITH STUDENTS:
1. RAs are hired for the entire period of time that housing if open during the academic year. RAs should plan to remain on campus a day or two after the Spring semester ends in May 2014.
2. Assist students with moving in and checking into their rooms. Represent Linfield and LHS when greeting residents and their parents.
3. Create and organize one activity per month for the hall, working together with other RAs and Linfield staff in planning these programs.
4. Conduct regular floor meetings to help assure a cooperative, healthy, and friendly atmosphere among residents. Work to educate students regarding policies and the student conduct process.
5. Be available to residents in order to interact with, counsel, and advise them. RAs should be aware of floor issues and/or individual difficulties that students might be experiencing.
6. RAs must reside in the hall full-time.
1. Spend one day a week, and one weekend every five weeks on duty, staying within 10 minutes of campus to respond to incidents. Take care of other aspects of the building as the needed.
2. Assist Linfield College personnel with incident and emergency response.
3. Maintain close communication with the Student Life Coordinator regarding residential life or housing issues.
4. Notify the Housing Office of repairs or housekeeping needs in a timely manner.
5. Maintain all inventory and other documents as needed. End-of-semester or end-of-year paperwork is to be completed and turned into the Housing Office.
6. All incidents and emergencies are to be documented in a timely manner.
This position requires a person with a mature attitude, good judgment, a willingness to be involved with Loveridge Hall residents and strong interpersonal skills accompanied by a desire to improve the overall quality of residential living. Candidates must be able to keep confidences, be sensitive to needs of others in the group, and be willing to learn skills in counseling, event planning and collaboration. This position will provide excellent experience in the development of skills for working with people and performing in a professional manner.
10 hours per week campus employment from Linfield College; A single room at 1/2 of the cost of a double room (RAs must still pay the Loveridge Hall technology fee).
Linfield College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, physical handicap, or other disabling conditions.