The Linfield College - Portland Campus is located in NW Portland off of 22nd Avenue, between Northrup and Overton Streets. NW Portland is a vibrant neighborhood with hundreds of homes, businesses, and community spaces. It is very pedestrian and biker friendly as well.
- Stores, Shops, and Restaurants: A number of grocery and home goods stores within a short walk, drive, bike, or mass transit ride from campus. Large chain stores like Fred Meyer, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods are nearby, along with smaller, locally owned, specialty stores. The campus is just off of trendy NW 23rd Avenue, with plenty of shops and restaurants literally around the corner.
- Mass Transit: The Trimet mass transit system is very easily accessible from campus. The Streetcar line, which runs from NW Portland through downtown to SW Portland, as well as across the river to the inner Eastside, has a stop just across the street from Loveridge Hall. A number of bus lines also stop just near campus. The Max line, which runs from Hillsboro to Gresham, and to Clackamas and the Portland Airport, is a short walk or bus ride from campus. The Student Government sponsors discounted Trimet ticket books, good on the bus, Max, and Streetcar lines. Students with a current, valid ID can also ride the Streetcar (but not the Max or buses) for free.
- Fitness: There are several national-chain and local gyms in the area. The College and Student Government have a special partnership with LA Fitness, whose closest facility is a quick eight block walk, run, or streetcar ride from campus. LA Fitness offers Linfield students and their families discounted monthly membership fees through a voucher system. Every term the Student Life Office will advertise and distribute those discount vouchers. In addition, the Student Government offers a reimbursement program to a limited number of students, offering to reimburse select students half of their monthly membership fees at the end of each semester.
- Parks: Portland is known for its green space, and NW Portland has a number of park and commuity spaces. Forest Park, the largest city park in the US, is a short walk from campus. It offers dozens of open spaces, trails, and park programs to the public.
- Accomodations: Dozens of inns, hotels, and hostels are easily accessible from campus.
For all inquiries, please email email@example.com or call (503) 413-7212.