Most bikes stolen at Linfield were unsecured or locked poorly. Of over 15,000 bicycles stolen in the U.S. every day, only 2-5% are ever returned to their owners.
Locking Your Bike
- Use a heavy duty U-Lock. Leave as little space as possible in the "U" portion of the lock to minimize space for tools to be inserted.
- Always lock your bicycle to a secure object such as a bike rack.
- Lock the bicycle even if it will be unattended for only a few minutes.
- Lock or remove components that could be easily stolen from the bicycle.
- Report suspicious activity or loitering around bike racks to Legacy at 503-413-7911.