New Student Orientation
Welcome to Linfield College! You join a group of students, faculty and staff who are, like you, interested in nursing and other health care professions. We hope you will find our campus to be a place filled with many exciting challenges and wonderful learning opportunities. To help you in your transition, we have planned a New Student Orientation program for new students that will provide opportunities to:
- Create relationships with faculty, staff, and fellow students to be engaged in a meaningful way.
- Achieve an introductory understanding of the academic expectations and responsibilities of your major.
- Distinguish campus programs, services, and resources that are available to assist in your academic, personal, and social success.
- Identify avenues in which to demonstrate the value of personal engagement, cultural competence, and active citizenship through participation in student leadership roles, clubs and organizations, community service projects, campus diversity programs and civic engagement opportunities.
- Manage the campus physical environment and take-home informational resources.
2013-2014 New Student Orientation Dates
Fall '13 Start
Spring '14 Start
A month before your New Student Orientation dates you will receive an email to your Linfield email account with more detailed information about both the online and on-campus orientations. Due to limited facilty size, students are asked to not bring guests to the on-campus New Student Orientation.
Don't forget to signup for the Peer Resource Network, a valuable mentoring program for new students as they transition to our campus!
Apply to be an O-Team Leader!
As a student representative of Linfield College, O-Team Leaders will be vital members of the Student Life team helping to implement New Student Orientation and the successful transition for new students to Linfield College – Portland Campus. Interested students can apply through Cat Connect and search for the position "PDX O-Team Member." The position will be posted three times a year to replace graduating O-Team Leaders. Please contact Lisa Burch for your questions about becoming an O-Team Leader.