NCLEX Testing and OSBN Licensure Information
The following information is provided to help you navigate the process for applying to take the NCLEX-RN exam and applying for licensure in the state of Oregon. If you will be applying for licensure in a state other than Oregon, please contact that state’s board of nursing for their application materials.
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing has a helpful website that takes you through the entire process.
I. Applying for licensure with the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
II. Registering to take the NCLEX-RN Exam with Pearson VUE, the testing agency.
- OSBN application packet
- Download the OSBN application packet from the OSBN website. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- Print the "Photo Identification Verification for NCLEX Examination Eligibility" on a single-sided sheet of paper.
- Attach your photo using tape, and fill out Section 2 of the photo ID form.
- Drop off the photo ID form to Jennifer Roberts in Peterson Hall 301 for signature of the interim dean. You may pick up the signed form in a week's time.
- Mail your completed application and fee to the OSBN per the instructions in the packet.
- Fingerprint-Based Background Check
- Register with Pearson VUE on their website.
- Linfield program code is: US80509800.
- The OSBN processes applications in the order received. If you have submitted your complete application and fee and you are registered with Pearson VUE, you will likely be released to set an appointment to take the NCLEX within 2-3 weeks of graduation.
- Once you receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) from Pearson VUE you may schedule an appointment to test by visiting their website.