Parents Council Leadership Team Responsibilities
What is the Linfield College Parents Council?
The Linfield College Parents Council welcomes and involves parents as vital members of the Linfield community. The goal of the council is to enhance the Linfield experience for students and their families – by helping parents connect with other parents, alumni, students, staff, faculty and administrators. Parents Council members gather for events, advise Linfield leaders, contribute their support, inspire and mentor students and alumni, and serve as Linfield ambassadors and hosts.
Parents Council Job Description
The Parents Council includes parents of current and former students who are recruited based upon their ability and willingness to serve as ambassadors of Linfield College and their interest in developing resources that support the Linfield experience for our students.
Parents Council members agree to:
- Join the President’s Circle by making an annual gift of $1,000 or more.
- Work with Institutional Advancement staff to encourage parents to support the Linfield Fund.
- Help develop Parents Council strategies and programs by attending three scheduled meetings per year (in person or via teleconference), during Family Weekend (October), Dad's Weekend (February) and Mom's Weekend (May). Between meetings, members communicate via phone and email .
- Provide advice and help to Linfield staff in one or more of the following areas:
- Welcoming parents of freshmen
- Planning parent events and communications
- Encouraging parent giving and thanking parent donors
- Hosting and attending events in their regions
- Advise Linfield’s President and staff on matters of interest and concern to parents.
- Assist in recruiting new Parents Council members.
If you would like to learn more, please contact Debbie Harmon, director of alumni and parent relations, by email or at 503.883.2607.