Anna Song - Associate Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities
Vivian Bull Music Center 143
Ed.D., Teacher's College, Columbia University; M.M., Yale University; B.A., University of California Los Angeles
- Autzen Foundation Grant (2017)
- John Templeton Foundation Grant (2017)
- James F. and Marion L. Miller Foundation Grant (2016, 2017)
- Portland Regional Arts and Cultural Council Project Grant (2010, 2013, 2016)
- Faculty-Student Research Grant, Linfield College (2013)
- Arts Recognition Grant from Oregon Arts Commission (2013)
- Meyer Memorial Trust Grant for In Mulieribus (2012)
- Faculty Development Grant, Linfield College (2011)
- Featured with In Mulieribus on nationally syndicated radio program Millennium of Music (2009)
- Conducting fellow, Oregon Bach Festival (2000)
- Semi-finalist American Choral Directors Association National Student Conducting Competition (1999)
Recordings: Four recordings to date with In Mulieribus: Notre Dame de Grace, IM Live, IM Live II, A December Feast.
Memberships: American Choral Directors Association, Music Educators National Conference, Early Music America, College Music Society, National Collegiate Choral Organization.
Additional professional positions: Artistic Director and Conductor, In Mulieribus (2004-present); Assistant Conductor, Portland Symphonic Choir (2005-2009); Assistant Director of Choral Activities, DePaul University (2000-2001); Conductor, Yale University Chapel Choir (1999-2000).
Luna Liberiana (2014). Arranged by Anna Song. For SATB. Published by Earth Songs. (S404)
Song A. (2013). Music improvisation in higher education. College Music Symposium, 53.
- “In Mulieribus LIVE II”; Artistic Director and Conductor. Features live performances between 2009-2015 of vocal works spanning from the 12th through 21st century (2014)
- “A December Feast” recorded with In Mulieribus; Artistic Director and Conductor. Features vocal music composed for Christmas and other liturgical feast days in December (2010)
- “In Mulieribus LIVE”; Artistic Director and Conductor. Features vocal works spanning from the 12th through 20th century performed live between 2004-2008 (2008)
- “Notre Dame de Grâce” recorded with In Mulieribus; Artistic Director and Conductor. Features 12th century Notre Dame polyphony. Received the Oregonian’s “Critic’s Pick” for classical recordings (2007)