Linfield College LatinX Adelante (LCLA)
2017-18 Student Coordinators
LCLA at Linfield strengthens our Hispanic/ LatinX/ChicanX community by nurturing holistic development and academic success through relationship building, programming, advocacy and mentorship that has its core in inclusion. LCLA is a retention initiative that connects current self-identified Hispanic/LatinX/ChicanX students with incoming self-identified Hispanic/LatinX/ChicanX students to help make their transition into the college community and student life a comfortable, accepting, and culturally responsive experience. By being in LCLA students:
- Connect with other students through social engagement and cultural celebrations and build friendships;
- Learn more about themselves and others as they create a support network;
- Advocate for issues that concern Hispanic/LatinX/ChicanX students;
- Get connected to resources and opportunities for internships, conferences, scholarships, trainings, networking events, jobs, etc.
- Develop self advocacy and people skills such as effective communication, conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, active listening, critical thinking, teamwork, etc;
- Develop leadership skills and an awareness of cross-cultural understanding;
- Receive trainings on various matters necessary to succeed in college and beyond ( eg: time management, financial management, resume & cover letter writing, scholarships application, etc);
- Connect with alumni and other influential members who identify as Hispanic/ LatinX/ChicanX;
- Make an impact in someone else’s life;
- Take a break from their studies to have fun with like-minded individuals.
LCLA also partners with the greater Hispanic/LatinX/ChicanX community, Linfield alumni, and allies to provide mentorship to returning self-identified Hispanic/LatinX/ChicanX students.
We honor the power of a connected community.
LCLA Inclusion Ambassador / Mentor Application
If you have any questions about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org