Study Abroad Scholarships
Sensitive to the costs involved with studying abroad in Japan, the Japanese Program at Linfield regularly provides information about scholarships available both through out partner institutions and from outside sources.
Fast Facts about Scholarships for Study Abroad:
• Between 2006-2011 more than 50% of the students who studied abroad in Japan for a semester or more who applied received scholarships.
• In 2011 all eight of the students who applied for scholarships received them.
• Most scholarships consist of generous monthly stipends that help to defray the daily living costs of living in Japan and support domestic travel.
• Scholarships received by Linfield students studying in Japan between 2000 and 2011 include: Japanese government JASSO Scholarships, American Association of Teachers of Japanese (AATJ) Bridging Scholarships, American Government Gilman Scholarships and a Boren Scholarship, Diversity Abroad program, and direct scholarships from our partner institutions including Kantô Gakuin University Scholarships and Rikkyô University Scholarships.
• Recently in 2012, Cody, Japanese and International Relations double-major won a highly selective Kemper Scholarship.