- Back to News
Nursing students share thanksEach year at Thanksgiving, students at Linfield's Portland Campus make a list of things they are thankful for. Here's what they said.
• I am thankful for an entire staff that wants to see each and every one of us succeed to the best of our abilities.
• I am thankful for the opportunity to be taught and challenged by faculty that are invested in their students and committed to helping them become the best nurses they can be.
• I am thankful for having four healthy kids and a loving helpful husband and for having such a strong mom. I am also thankful for being in this country and have the opportunity to obtain an education to help others and provide a good living for my family.
• I am thankful for all the veterans who have given so much of themselves including their mental health to help us enjoy freedom.
• I am thankful for a specific faculty member. She has been a tremendous nursing instructor: kind, timely in her grading and responses to emails & posts, low stress, compassionate... There aren't enough positive adjectives to describe her. She is exactly the type of person I need to help me succeed in my efforts at returning to school after decades as a nurse. Thanks!!
• I am thankful for amazing faculty and staff that believe in me even when I don't believe in myself; it is all this support that gets us through, keep up the excellent work!!
• I am thankful for the friendships and relationships that Linfield has helped me create!
• I am thankful for my Professor, his door is always open, he listens and provides suggestions to students in order to enhance their education, as well as defend and advocate for students' rights.
• I am thankful for my Professor, her instruction has been invaluable, she is open to student concerns and feedback, she is an innovator, and exemplifies what it means to be a nurse as well as an educator.
• I am thankful for my faculty members who are progressive leaders, paving the way for the future of nursing & nursing students.
• I am thankful for all professors who have dedicated their extra time in helping me with my Fulbright application and have encouraged me in my global endeavors.
• I am thankful for faculty with a sense of humor! Their stories let us know that we aren't the only ones a little insane...It's just a nurses' thing!
• I am thankful for the opportunity to learn to be a nurse from such wise and compassionate people -- professors, staff and students alike. I am inspired by all of you every day, and in awe of the positive effect that this group can and will have on our world.
• I am thankful for all of the amazing, accepting and inspiring professors and students that I have met since beginning this formative experience. It is a true blessing to be part of such an influential community!
• I am thankful for a professor who saw me having a bad day and took the time to talk to me.
• I am thankful for the WOLF PACK! We came together and made it through the first term! I am thankful for a professor who gave me a strong foundation for nursing!
• I am thankful for all the wonderful people around me, helping and supporting me on this journey through nursing school, and of course for NEW FRIENDS!!!
• I am thankful for the nursing department for their compassion, support and willingness to see me succeed as a student at Linfield College. I received a diagnosis of breast cancer this fall semester and the nursing department has been what I consider a light in the dark. Thank you!!!!
• I am thankful for an amazing cohort that is incredibly supportive and makes me laugh!!!!
• I am thankful for all the help from a specific staff member. I am a second language student and I always have difficulties on writing skills. I would bother this staff member for paper editing as the paper due dates were approaching. Thank you for being so patient on me and spend times with my prolonged paper editing. I can feel your passion on helping me and wanting me to be succeeded. I still remember the time that we have last semester to practice my English speaking skills. I appreciate your help.
• I am thankful to all my professors and staff members for inspiring me to achieve my dream as a nurse. I have gained knowledge from my professors. This is a great institute for me to learn.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, and keep in touch on Facebook or Twitter!