Life After Linfield
Alumni of the Department of Mass Communication have successful careers in journalism, television production, graphics and web design, marketing, public relations, copywriting, and more. Although some work in traditional media settings, many have branched out of the media industry, proving the flexibility of a degree in mass communication.
To get an idea of the diverse settings our graduates work in, take a look at some of the positions they have held:
- Editor at The Oregonian
- Staff reporter at The Boston Globe
- Author of The Spellbound Bride
- Vegetarian food blogger and nationally published author
- International marketing coordinator for THQ
- Assistant account executive at Edelman
- Publicist at "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" and "America’s Next Top Model"
- Writer and editor in public affairs at NASA headquarters
- Producer for PBS’s Frontline
- Anchor for Fox Sports Northwest
- Reporter for KCBY-TV, Coos Bay, Ore.
- Emmy award-winning TV camera man for KLAS in Las Vegas
- CEO of ISITE Design, once named the 83rd fastest growing company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine
- Owner of Visual People Design, a graphic arts design firm
- President of the Information Technology Association of America
- International student advisor at Harvard University
- Director of business development at Global Logistics, Inc.
- Retail specialist in golf business at Nike Japan
Another option after graduating from Linfield is to pursue an advanced degree. The following are some examples of graduate schools our alumni have attended:
- Florence University of the Arts
- George Fox University
- Georgetown University
- Pepperdine University
- Syracuse University
- University of Washington
- Vanderbilt University Law School