The business manager will be responsible for TLR budget, including funds both coming in and going out. The business manager will be specifically responsible for:
- Sell advertising in The Linfield Review to produce maximum revenue for the newspaper and maximum results for the advertiser
- Verify that every advertising order is being handled correctly.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals by developing prospects into regular advertisers and maintaining and growing existing accounts.
- Know and follow the current TLR rate card, policies and deadlines.
- Maintain detailed, up-to-date, accessible records and files for all advertisers and prospects.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and individual sales meetings to strengthen the skills of the ad executives
- Represent the Review with the editor-in-chief in all matters regarding the budget
- Be responsible for securing production night dinner
- Deal with all reimbursement/check requests
- Other duties as assigned
Direct supervisor: Editor-in-chief