1 bag of frozen shelled edamame
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 of grated parmesan cheese
1. Put all of the ingredients together
2. Bake for 20 min at 400 degrees
1 whole wheat tortilla shell
2 tablespoons of low sodium marinara sauce
2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese
3 oz. ground pre-cooked turkey
1. Layer the sauce, cheese and meat on the tortilla
2. Cook at 425 for 12 min
Baked Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries
1 sweet potato, washed and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
6-8 carrots, washed and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dried herbs (try parsley, rosemary, or thyme)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven at 400°F. Cut sweet potato and carrots into french fry strips. In a large baking sheet, toss carrots and sweet potatoes with olive oil, dried herbs and salt & pepper.
2. Arrange in a single layer and make sure to flip the fries over two or three times to brown evenly. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Keep an eye on them making sure not to burn. Serve with garlic aioli.
Recipe from Wishful Chef
1 (16-oz.) package firm tofu
2 cups uncooked brown rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter $
1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup carrot sticks
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Garnish: lime wedges
1. Place tofu between 2 flat plates. Weight the top with a heavy can. (Sides of tofu should be bulging slightly but not cracking.) Let stand 45 minutes; discard liquid. Cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding 1/2 tsp. salt.
3. Meanwhile, combine vegetable broth and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Add tofu, and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove tofu from marinade, reserving marinade.
4. Heat oils in a nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 minute. Add tofu, and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove tofu. Add broccoli and carrot sticks; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add reserved marinade, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened; stir in cooked tofu. Serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Garnish, if desired.
Recipe from myrecipes.com
Gilberto Galvez/Features editor
Gilberto Galvez can be reached at email@example.com